on board air compressor for bags AND inflating tires

brsutton86

Reaction score
Just as the title says. Looked at several kits as a whole. Read some from google searches. What do you have and are you satisfied. I dont need fancy wireless remotes. I have a 3 gallon little tank if I can use it to save. Links or sponsors with kits would be great also.....

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I use a continuous duty VIAIR pump with a 5 gallon tank. It runs air bags via switches in the cab, air horns, and I plumbed in an aux. hookup for running an air line for airing up tires, running small tools, etc...

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Compressor and 5 gallon tank on the frame in front of the passenger side rear tire.
Air tool fittings in the tank and also on the trailer hitch. Use the trailer hitch one most of the time. 50' Hose in the tool box. Air bag controls in the dash just below the cluster on the left side. Looks good I think.
I ran them off the #4 Upfitter but through a relay at the compressor straight off the battery. I know the upfitters have relays, but I am paranoid of stock wiring carrying muc load.

Buck1

Reaction score
I run mine off number 4 as well with addl relay. Put a deep cycle battery in bracket for urea tank to help with current draw. Just helper bags now, hoping for full air ride this spring.

14ccd

Reaction score
I would think a compressor with at least 3/4 HP and a 3 gallon tank. I got mine from airbagit.com DC7500.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Used them when I was putting air bags on trucks. Not much space to add a compressor. Use the ac if you lived in a cool place.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I use a continuous duty VIAIR pump with a 5 gallon tank. It runs air bags via switches in the cab, air horns, and I plumbed in an aux. hookup for running an air line for airing up tires, running small tools, etc...

I need to give you a call sometime soon. I need to buy all this stuff sometime soon and I like what you did with your setup, need something similar.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I figured why start a new one. I'm setting up a viair 380c 200psi and 5 gallon tank. Either I need a 2 1/2 gallon tank or another compressor to air up tired or use any kind of air tools. Or maybe my compressor is weak. Anyone running this setup?

Latest posts

Members online