Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 7.3 Aftermarket

Old 09-11-2018, 09:24 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtclod View Post
Yesterday I took all the boots off and replaced the clamps. Found a small fuel leak on the supply side just before the split to the heads. I drove it about 40 miles to a shop to drop it off and I tried the other tunes out. Street,heavy tow,stealth,all out. I’d been running in tow/economy. The other tunes would spool up to 27-28lb. But throttle response was slow. Lots of smoke with a mix of black and white with a steady haze the whole ride. This guy is very familiar with our trucks and has a built 7.3 of his own so I’m sure he’ll have it figured out soon.
Still sounds like you have a boost leak. Are you running a waste gate?

live life full throttle
god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass
Old 10-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Ok here’s a another update. Yes I am running a wastegate. My ICP is bad and either my stock fuel pump is not going to big enough or it’s weak,according to the mechanic. Also I may not have programmed the hydra chip right so it might be running on stock computer. Or something isn’t right with the chip and just needs updated. Also there is a fuel leak off the return side under the truck. He sounds pretty optimistic that it’s a simple fix.
01 F-250 4x4 cc/sb 238/100 inj,adrenaline hpop,reg return fuel system,s&b intake,4” elec conduit straight back exhaust,KC stage 1 turbo,hd built auto tranny,pohp hydra chip custom tunes,still needs alot it’s work in progress.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default Time to do injectors

Hydra has two options once plugged in
1. On
2. No start (stock tuning will not run with it plugged jn)

What injectors were you running again? Been awhile looking at the thread.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Last edited by DieselDC; 10-10-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

When doing tunes with Matt at ******** he pulled the tube from the wastegate when I had the exact issues.. He said that is they way it should be. That was several years ago
but is the way it has been with his tunes.
2k, F350 SuperCruzer, 7.3L Diesel, Auto trans, 4x4, GH Tunes w/160/30s, S&B cold air intake, 4-inch turbo-back exhaust, Garrett 38r, Adrenaline HPOP, BTS Transmission w/6.0 cooler, Swamps IDM(broke, back to stock), AIC, in-tank and pre-pump mod, Heater valve mod, X-car sound panel mod
Old 10-10-2018, 01:19 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDC View Post
Hydra has two options once plugged in
1. On
2. No start (stock tuning will not run with it plugged jn)

What injectors were you running again? Been awhile looking at the thread.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...
238/100’s
01 F-250 4x4 cc/sb 238/100 inj,adrenaline hpop,reg return fuel system,s&b intake,4” elec conduit straight back exhaust,KC stage 1 turbo,hd built auto tranny,pohp hydra chip custom tunes,still needs alot it’s work in progress.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:20 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmd View Post
When doing tunes with Matt at ******** he pulled the tube from the wastegate when I had the exact issues.. He said that is they way it should be. That was several years ago
but is the way it has been with his tunes.
Ok I’ll pass that on to my mechanic. Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:50 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

I forgot to mension this,but he thinks for some reason and maybe because the icp sensor isn’t working correctly that the computer is having 2 shots of fuel delivered like it would for split shot injectors instead of a single shot of fuel. Now all that is over my head. I have read some stuff as to where an icp sensor or ipr valve or something else there related would cause the pcm to try and compensate for lack of whatever just to keep the engine alive. Would this cause a situation for overfueling? Or say cause the injector to stay open ping too much fuel into the cylinder?
Old 10-11-2018, 04:47 AM
General
Member's Gallery

How much do you trust this mechanic, does he do a lot of diesel work or is it just some dude in a garage?
GTP38R, T500, PIS 175/80s in the engine. waiting to see rods one day

Turned 200k miles 1/18/2015
Old 10-11-2018, 05:17 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

I trust him to an extent. He and his partner only work on diesel pickups. His personal truck is a Superduty 7.3 99-03. It’s also modified. I know that don’t mean squat. I’m giving him till the end of the week to figure it out.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:44 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsberman94 View Post
How much do you trust this mechanic, does he do a lot of diesel work or is it just some dude in a garage?
That’s all he works on. His personal truck is a 99-03 7.3. If he can’t figure this out by the end of the week I’ll take it to Full Throttle performance. It’ll be a month or so before they can work it in but if know they’re good.