Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 7.3 Aftermarket

Old 05-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back woods View Post
66mm turbo with the stock 68mm turbine, why waste the time and then leave the hot side stock. Everyone knows real gains are made in the turbine. . A stock sized 60mm with a 70mm sxe turbine would likely outflow your eBay pile @ 20psi. Look at the size of the hub on that compressor it's bigger than stock, sure...no differences.

Do you think I care if it flows more than my current build? No buddy, no I don’t. If I wanted more flow, I have my s400 Dt360 that flows more than Two kcturbo stg2 combined (maybe exaggerated but my 7.3 ain’t pushing no 70+psi). I’ll keep my Ebay pile and walk to the bank.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...
Old 05-14-2018, 09:08 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Ask the guys at KC about an SXE turbine wheel while you are at it.
I haven’t tried calling them yet but I don’t see it available on their site. Maybe they just haven’t updated it yet. I sent them an email but haven’t heard back. What exactly is the sxe turbine wheel?
01 F-250 4x4 cc/sb 238/100 inj,adrenaline hpop,reg return fuel system,s&b intake,4” elec conduit straight back exhaust,KC stage 1 turbo,hd built auto tranny,pohp hydra chip custom tunes,still needs alot it’s work in progress.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:17 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

They are on back order I believe. Did you try to go on their website to read about it? You could also google íit.

To put it in simple terms, their kcturbo Gtp38r drop in turbo is an absolute beast. They machined it in house to mimic the sxe 366 and to out perform our stock turbo - which it does and does so with authority. Thicker shaft, ball bearings, larger hot/cold side wheels. At least that’s what I remember on the top of my head. It is worth every penny - I just don’t have the extra pennies to buy a second one. That’s why I rebuilt mine.

—————signature—————
Old 05-14-2018, 11:01 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

https://kcturbos.net/collections/new...ne-wheel-94-03
2000 Ford F-350 Dually, 4x4, D-66 Turbo with Billet wheel, .84 Ex housing, 69.84 turbine wheel, Gear Head Tunes on a Hydra, Unlimited 238/80 injectors, Walbro GSL392 Fuel Pump, 6637 Intake, riffraff regulated return, Riffraff FRX and HPX, comp cam 910 springs, smith bros .120 wall pushrods, terminator t-500, riffraff boost regulator, hutch mod, harpoon mod, 4" exhaust, 295's with 4.10 gears. John woods valve body, billet face transtar converter and built transmission.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:33 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDC View Post
They are on back order I believe. Did you try to go on their website to read about it? You could also google íit.

To put it in simple terms, their kcturbo Gtp38r drop in turbo is an absolute beast. They machined it in house to mimic the sxe 366 and to out perform our stock turbo - which it does and does so with authority. Thicker shaft, ball bearings, larger hot/cold side wheels. At least that’s what I remember on the top of my head. It is worth every penny - I just don’t have the extra pennies to buy a second one. That’s why I rebuilt mine.

—————signature—————
Yea I went on there and read about the 38r. I sent them a pm yesterday and they replied giving a better email. Hopefully they have enough parts that I can get pretty close to that same turbo. It sounds impressive,hopefully we can work something out.
01 F-250 4x4 cc/sb 238/100 inj,adrenaline hpop,reg return fuel system,s&b intake,4” elec conduit straight back exhaust,KC stage 1 turbo,hd built auto tranny,pohp hydra chip custom tunes,still needs alot it’s work in progress.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:36 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 565edge View Post
I was looking at your sig,I talked with them at ******** today and looks like I’ll be going with the 238/80’s with their hydra chip custom tunes. So how do you like your setup?
Old 05-15-2018, 05:20 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

The sxe turbine is a reverse rotation (and slightly smaller) model of the popular turbine that comes in the S364.5 and S366 SXE turbo.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:48 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Quote:
The sxe turbine is a reverse rotation (and slightly smaller) model of the popular turbine that comes in the S364.5 and S366 SXE turbo.
Would like to see someone put this in a stock turbo with a billet wheel running a light tow tune (more fuel) and hit the hills with a RV or Cargo trailer @ 10K pounds plus . Lets see how it does at 1800-2100 rpms managing EGTs.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:02 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeBum View Post
Would like to see someone put this in a stock turbo with a billet wheel running a light tow tune (more fuel) and hit the hills with a RV or Cargo trailer @ 10K pounds plus . Lets see how it does at 1800-2100 rpms managing EGTs.
I am running one right now, have about 1000 miles on it. It is the stock turbo with a 70mm SXE, 1.15 Van housing with an ATS housing and 9 blade BD billet wheel. I am also running a lighter tune that is in the 40-60hp range. Before I was running a fresh rebuilt stock turbo with an ATS housing. The truck doesn't have an EGT gauge though. It pulls good between 1800-2100 and clears up the tune 100%. 2300-3200rpm is where it separates itself from the stock turbo. Have a couple videos of it running.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:36 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Quote:
I am running one right now, have about 1000 miles on it. It is the stock turbo with a 70mm SXE, 1.15 Van housing with an ATS housing and 9 blade BD billet wheel. I am also running a lighter tune that is in the 40-60hp range. Before I was running a fresh rebuilt stock turbo with an ATS housing. The truck doesn't have an EGT gauge though. It pulls good between 1800-2100 and clears up the tune 100%. 2300-3200rpm is where it separates itself from the stock turbo. Have a couple videos of it running.
I saw your videos. But I still stand by what I posted above. Lets see what this does when you start towing an RV/Cargo trailer in the 10K+ range in the hills at 1800-2100 rpms and lets see how it manages EGTs.

We know what a BW SXE will do...Let see what a cloned drop in turbine will do.