White smoke at idle/converter noise

FORDPWR

Reaction score
Iv been having so many problems I’m ready to do an insurance claim. Anyway on my ******d 12 with ppei tunes and 126k miles I have developed a random white/grey haze at idle. When I punch it it’s greyish then black and fine until I let idle for 5 or more mins.

Also I noticed when truck is in park or neutral there is a slight dry bearing noise coming from the front of the trans. If I put it in gear or reverse the noise goes away. It’s not very loud but I’m very picky with small noises. Is this something I should be worried about?

Truck runs awesome except for my shifting and tune revisions I’m dealing with but that’s a different problem. All fluids stay the same level and temps all look normal. Kind of freaking out and don’t know what else to look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated

FORDPWR

Reaction score
Anyone? I can’t figure it out and neither can the shop. It hasn’t used any fluids yet either.

rrkroll

Reaction score
Just a hunch, but the front of your transmission is near the back of your turbo, It isn’t a fun job but I would consider checking the turbo for shaft play. Especially since it is a 2012, the bearings are known to go out and when they do it will smoke white smoke at idle. In fact, mine just did this but I let it go too long and the bearings blew apart and the shaft broke in half, fix it before that happens.

Also, if it is the turbo I would recommend getting the 2015 upgrade so this doesn’t happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORDPWR

Reaction score
Still have not figured it out. Shop said the turbo looks great and it’s still not using fluids. Also it could be my imagination but since I changed my tune it doesn’t do it as much or often.

Latest posts

Members online