Outta Wack

Jtreece

Reaction score
alright 6.0 guys.. my diablo monitor and really pricey snapon scanner when plugged into the OBII port they show my ECT and EOT at 192 and 122. but when we put a temperature gun under the hood its showing different. any advice? why would both be showing different temps then actual temps? And before you say the oil cooler is bad it has a brand new one in it.

2004 F350 CCLB

Zeb

Reaction score
Coolant temp is correct if the motor is up to operating temperature. Oil temp sensor is probably malfunctioning. What does it say oil temp is when it has sat overnight? It should be close to ambient.

Jtreece

Reaction score
it is close to ambient temp when it has sat over night. it has a new sensor in it as well. on 100 degree days it stays around 127-134 on the monitor. I may have a short somewhere grounding out that sensor or my monitor needs updated possibly?

Jtreece

Reaction score
problem solved!! I updated both my SCT3 and Diablo monitor and it corrected the issue. now reading 197ect-201eot. I also found it was double stacked tuned so I just put the SCT back on it and it runs 100 times better.

Jtreece

Reaction score
yes, has a Diablo T1000 monitor that has 3 tunes on it, I also have a SCT3. went to take it back to stock and found out it was double stacked. I put the diablo back to stock and then I was able to put the SCT3 back to stock to change my FICM. If I tried to put the SCT back to stock 1st it wouldn't let me. so I tried the Diablo 1st, then the SCT and it worked. So both were tuned. First i'v ever heard of it to be honest.

Jtreece

Reaction score
slc_dzl or could I be wrong? throw some wisdom my way. I also had to update the Diablo and the SCT. They were way outdated and the Diablo was giving a false reading on my ECT/EOT as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.