D-Leted Cold Start Concerns

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
good lord.. you guys are still hung up on the cold start crap? lol.. id expect it every year from the dinosaur(7.3) crowd but not you guys.. lmao

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

sootie

Reaction score
good lord.. you guys are still hung up on the cold start crap? lol.. id expect it every year from the dinosaur(7.3) crowd but not you guys.. lmao

live life full throttle

well...my six four started a he!l of a lot easier than my six seven does. Never a lope no matter how cold it was. Any cold start issues on that were because of how much the pistons were machined...so ya-seems weird the newer trucks are worse.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
well...my six four started a he!l of a lot easier than my six seven does. Never a lope no matter how cold it was. Any cold start issues on that were because of how much the pistons were machined...so ya-seems weird the newer trucks are worse.
mine has never had a lope on cold start.. been well below zero many times and fires up and purrs like a kitten.. I also treat the fuel with full torque from LE and jimdawg185.. all of our machinery at work starts better with it and less smoke output in the cold..

live life full throttle

ckrueg

Reaction score
Probably starts worse partly due to a lower compression ration. 6.4 is 17.5:1 and the 6.7 is 16.2:1

sootie

Reaction score
Ya no beuno with open vanes for warming up. Lopes/smokes for longer and tales longer to warm up

bpan

Reaction score
So having the veins closed will keep more heat in the motor with no side effects? My truck cools off REALLY fast at idle up here.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.