7.3 tow tune dyno

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity has anyone dyno'd their towing tunes? I'm interested to see if we can find some graphs and see how they stack up against the new trucks. I do understand we're dealing with old school tech on the 7.3 I'm specifically talking towing tunes not all out. Thanks in advance!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity has anyone dyno'd their towing tunes? I'm interested to see if we can find some graphs and see how they stack up against the new trucks. I do understand we're dealing with old school tech on the 7.3 I'm specifically talking towing tunes not all out. Thanks in advance!
I am sure through the ages there has been graphs posted but you need to be more specific. Stock injectors or bigger injectors or turbo or hpop. There is no comparison to a stock injected maxed out tune 7.3 to a bone stock 6.7 as they put down 360ish hp and a stock injected maxed out 7.3 is still 30+ hp shy of that. Now you can make a 7.3 tow very well and be comparable to a 6.7... my dually 7.3 and my 6.7 run identical numbers and tow the same. I got better mpg with my dually while towing but i get better mpg with my 6.7 empty by like 5mpg on the highway.

live life full throttle

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
I was looking for graphs for bigger injector 7.3 trucks. I kinda meant this to be vague. I've done searches with not much success. Seems like most if not all of the graphs posted are all out tunes. I'm just super curious to see a graph from a stage 2 injectored 7.3 vs a stock 6.4 or 6.7.

Uncool what was your setup on that dyno pass?

old man dave

Reaction score
385hp with stock mechanical fuel pump (OBS) with 160 split shot stageIIs and 17* hpop. Add another 10hp with electric fuel pump., all with real old tow tunes. Add more hp with big Hpop. I installed twin hpops, never dyno'ed with them but SOTP was perceptable. All with 1.0 OBS stock turbo.

Latest posts

Members online