50 mpg with 1000hp diesel whaaaaat?

John Buck

Reaction score
just some click bait titleage, hahahaha gotcha tho, but seriously though i plan on getting that 900hp swamps diesel performance package and other things i got ideas from some people who achieved the 1k horsepower mark for the legendary 7.3, for my 97 f350 xlt crew cab long bed dually 4x4,

i serisouly want to know what would be the best mpg i could possibly get for my truck and its 1000hp beastness, of course i really dont care about the mpg of all things in retrospect but knowing the mpg is helpful only in the manner of speaking of how far i can go mudding out in the back woods getting lost until i have to make an effort to go back into town and find civilization i.e. a gas station to refuel,

though i suppose just turning around when the fuel gauge gets half way is a simpler explanation, so well regardless and just for the hell of it, what would be the best mpg one could get with a 1000hp 7.3 if they want3d to boost the mpg as best they could and still have that 1000hp?

DieselDC

Reaction score
You made a thread about this already. Two if I remember correctly. One was a flop and the other one was entertained...

waiting to see what happens...

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

sootie

Reaction score
Go back to the org pls and take diesel DC with you....

DieselDC

Reaction score
Why all the hate sootie... gotta a grudge or your panties tied in knot?

—————signature—————

DieselDC

Reaction score
4e2a849b3b4d3ecea898194a2849afa8.jpg

I was just thinking and now remember. The only interaction I’ve ever had with you is in that thread where you called me out... i told you to chill...

You can dish it but can’t take it. Now I see where the animosity is coming from...

—————signature—————

sootie

Reaction score
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180615/4e2a849b3b4d3ecea898194a2849afa8.png[/IMG
I was just thinking and now remember. The only interaction I’ve ever had with you is in that thread where you called me out... i told you to chill...

You can dish it but can’t take it. Now I see where the animosity is coming from...

—————signature—————
...:uptight people suck:...[/QUOTE]

On this site we arent that sensitive-sorry. I just get sick of your useless posts thats all.

DieselDC

Reaction score
On this site we arent that sensitive-sorry. I just get sick of your useless posts thats all.

Lol you’re just sensitive and need to go to sensitivity training. I couldn’t care less what you think of my posts. Go crawl under a rock. This forum does not belong to you.

—————signature—————

John Buck

Reaction score
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha these savage posts out of nowhere X'D

i would assume a 1000hp 7.3 diesel has pretty much a non existant mpg which is all the more reason why im adding a bulk tank, i dont care about mpg of all things just wanted to know the mpg, if anyone actually happened to know of what a 1000hp 7.3 gets as a fun fact of the day kind of thing laughable as it may be, its all good though.

superpsd

Reaction score
Mpg will depend on how its tuned, setup, driven, geared, truck weight, altitude, etc etc way too many variables to know fuel economy. Get some 350/200s and enjoy a street truck with manners and still be able to break 750hp with spray when you want.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha these savage posts out of nowhere X'D

i would assume a 1000hp 7.3 diesel has pretty much a non existant mpg which is all the more reason why im adding a bulk tank, i dont care about mpg of all things just wanted to know the mpg, if anyone actually happened to know of what a 1000hp 7.3 gets as a fun fact of the day kind of thing laughable as it may be, its all good though.

Diesel fuel economy is inversely proportional to the amount of power being used - not the amount of power its capable of. The more power you use - the lower the fuel economy numbers. The baseline fuel economy of say just driving around on backroads and using similar power to a stock truck will be determined by the specific setup itself. If you have the truck setup to be efficient in that range then it could do decent. Say your path to 1000rwhp involves just a single HX-82 turbo - its going to suck to drive and get ****ty fuel economy. Now if your path involves a reasonable set of compounds or triples that would likely get better fuel economy. Of course I'm painting rather broad strokes with this statement, so your mileage my vary. LOL

emev0l

Reaction score
FYI, Swamps measures their hp at the crank not the wheels, the highest hp HEUI 7.3 makes 808rwhp, if you want more then that you’ll have to spray it.

I’m not sure what MPG you can squeeze out of a truck with 400/400’s but my 6,200 lb 666rwhp 7.3 can get 21 MPG unloaded at 65 MPH. I only get that good of MPG a couple times a year because I can’t keep my foot out of it.

sootie

Reaction score
FYI, Swamps measures their hp at the crank not the wheels, the highest hp HEUI 7.3 makes 808rwhp, if you want more then that you’ll have to spray it.

I’m not sure what MPG you can squeeze out of a truck with 400/400’s but my 6,200 lb 666rwhp 7.3 can get 21 MPG unloaded at 65 MPH. I only get that good of MPG a couple times a year because I can’t keep my foot out of it.

pretty sure zach pierce's truck makes more power than that fuel only...

DieselDC

Reaction score
According Cncfab 2000hp on fuel only but it’s p pumped

—————signature—————

Latest posts

Members online