stuck on diesel

corn bread

Reaction score
New to the site. Ive been a member powerstroke nation for a long time but the site keeps messing up, might be my computer maybe not, but so far this site is just as good and works on my computer. I never owned a diesel till about 4 years ago when I bought my first diesel love which was a 2006 f450. Man I loved that truck. I swear you could hook to the mississippi river and tow the bitch to the mountains in that truck. Unfortunately, I deployed about a year after buying her and my lovely wife decided on her own that I needed a nicer truck so she bought me a 2008 f250. she thought I was great but it is a major step down on towing but she didnt know. I'll get another 450 on day. On another note. She bought this f250 with out talking to me or any of my buddys so guess what. Yup I ended up with a teenagers toy that was supposed to never have been twisted on before. Thats what the dealership told my wife when she bought it anyway. About 6 months after driving this turd the oil cooler clogged on it. when I tore it down to replace I could tell that a half wit want to be mechanic had been in this truck and never it was gunna be a long ride till I figured out all the problems this thing has. Well 3 years owning it now and I having to do an engine rebuild. 8 leaking injectors. 4 melted pistons. 3 cracked pistons. 1 half ass decent piston. almost all valve seats where cracked in the heads. cam bad worn. crank was actually good as well as the connecting rods. Oh yeah high pressure turbo grenaded. Now I know you might say good maintenance will prevent this well it does. Unfortunately you cant make up for 6 years of terrible maintenance and someone racing it while not doing good maintenance unless you do a reset rebuild. Anyways I'm gunna climb off this soap box and get this dang cab back on my truck. Just hope this trans will hold after I've over built this engine.

Latest posts

Members online