Cab removal?

Reaction score
Is this where I am supposed to lift on the front pinch weld, under the first bolt?
85b9e73460ba1255af65ed5268553556.jpg

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I usually go back a little farther, where its flat. Typically if they have running board, I hit the lift feet against the front of the front one and the back of the rear one. Keeps it relatively flat.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Oh, yeah single cabs are tricky. Ive usually got them set wherever I can and hopes, dreams, and tie downs hold them to the lift. That may be where you have to lift it. With the cab being so short, I put the arms where they'll both hit the cab, and not hit anything they're not supposed to. With single cabs, I usually dont center the cab on the rack, its typically set back some from center. But the racks I have to work with are the asymmetrical arm ones. We just got some 3 stage arm racks, but I havent had to pull a single cab since weve got them

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
for single cabs i put the pads where its flat on the pinch weld. then i ratchet strap the cab to the lift arms otherwise it will tip forward

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, it is gonna have plenty of ratchet straps on it and big ones. The lift will be the cabs home for a while.

I have spent more time dicking with the lift than taking it apart. It is a symmetric with the flip up adapters. Pita!

Won’t be buying one of these when I put one at my house.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
For sure use ratchet straps to hold the back down. I lifted on the pinch weld as far forward and as far back as I could to get the center of gravity between the arms, or at least closer, but i had a crew cab. Good luck on the build!

Latest posts

Members online