Trans tuning

torque beast

Reaction score
Let's talk about trans tuning. First off I put bigger tires on so I increased my shift points by that percentage and works pretty good but still needed a little tweaking. For shift pressures I left 1-2 stock with little throttle input to keep shifts smooth but increased pressure with more throttle input. The rest of the shifts I increased low throttle by 10%, moderate throttle by 15%, and full throttle by 20%. I reduce the slip times by 10% but still playing with this. What is everyone else doing with pressure and slips?
As far as torque converter lock up, what are you doing? Locking up earlier or later?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i generally have left the lock up alone, the factory stuff is pretty solid. If you adjust the shift points too much you will want to make the lock up follow that change.

torque beast

Reaction score
i generally have left the lock up alone, the factory stuff is pretty solid. If you adjust the shift points too much you will want to make the lock up follow that change.

I did increase lockup the same as I did shift points for third gear but left the others alone. Thinking of lowering the lock up back to where it was in third. The only reason I raised shift point were do to going up to 35" tires and I have 3:31 so I figured I would need to raise lock up to compensate like you said. It does take off like a rocket in 3rd with lock up at stock setting with 35's

Last edited:

Reaction score
I am having some issues with my trans tuning. I reduced the target overall slip time on all shifts and on my tune (higher pulsewidth then performance) I am having a serious clunk on 6-5 downshift. SHould I raise the torque convertor lock up on 5 and 6?

Reaction score
Do i need to lower the 6th gear convertor unlock fast mode? It typically happens when going up a slight hill and partial throttle.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
There is no real adjustment for target slip time, I am not sure now that this point is being brought up whether or not the ecm follows the target slip for up shift and down shift. I would slow down the 5-6 and see if that does anything.

Last edited:

CoreyMS

Reaction score
Check you Line Pressure Power ON Downshift, there's a dead spot in the hs file - at least there was in mine. Make it the same.

The slip times, IMO need to be way different. Some less, some more than HS is using - which is across the board less than stock. It all depends on what you want it to do, I like mine smooth but quick.

HS used an early 11 file for all the tunes. Alot changed stock in the later builds. So sometimes what you think is stock, isn't. Ford made quite a few changes especially to Line Pressure tables, lowering alot of part throttle tables.

HS "Stock"
attachment.jpg

A 2012 Build "Stock"
attachment.jpg

I threw the whole thing out, used MY stock file from SCT and built from there. Made a world of difference.

I'm still tweaking a little bit here and there, I wouldn't say my file is perfect for what I want but I get closer every time I work on it.

Attachments

• 5thLineStock.jpg
    5thLineStock.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 239
  • 5thLineAME.jpg
    5thLineAME.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

Reaction score
There are so many modes for the trans! I thought the engine was bad! Fast Mode is full throttle (or above a certain throttle percentage) correct?

2012dually

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the Initial slip and torque slip maps do? I have been playing around with it but I don't like changing things that I don't know do.

Is it a good idea to change the line pressure tables?

Latest posts

Members online