Timing

torque beast

Reaction score
Has anyone tried moving the low timing area to a lower throttle position. May not be needed but since I am running 3:31 and 35" I was thinking I might need to shift the load area in my timing. Thoughts?
c4780697b8f86bf79be4a1699bf0e26a.jpg

torque beast

Reaction score
I got ya. Ya this still has d p f on so have not raised it much. Mainly concentrated on smoothing it out trying to get better drivability. Real rough and choppy at low throttle

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Roger that! You don't want to get too far outside of OEM parameters, though more timing at full boogie will yield more power and less soot load without altering the rest of the map during most of your driving

I got ya. Ya this still has d p f on so have not raised it much. Mainly concentrated on smoothing it out trying to get better drivability. Real rough and choppy at low throttle

torque beast

Reaction score
That is actually an older one. Here is the current one I'm running. Only made changes in torque to fuel table running stock duration so that is why timing is lower
ed7659b657baa1080f05240b449becee.jpg

CoreyMS

Reaction score
What about using the pedal map and acc to torque instead of the timing to basically achieve the same thing?

Not to mention the trans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

torque beast

Reaction score
I'm not following, your saying change the pedal and torque in that area and leave the timing alone?

CoreyMS

Reaction score
Your wanting to get the truck moving sooner at the lower throttle correct? Being *** on is so finicky I was suggesting bump the lower throttle portions of those two maps to just get past that area faster.

You can add some timing as well but we've talked about that you said it drank def.

torque beast

Reaction score
Your wanting to get the truck moving sooner at the lower throttle correct? Being *** on is so finicky I was suggesting bump the lower throttle portions of those two maps to just get past that area faster.

You can add some timing as well but we've talked about that you said it drank def.

No, not needing it to get there faster. It accelerates fine. Let's say I am running stock tires and I am pulling a trailer at a set speed and am using 35% throttle (just threw that number in) and this puts me in the lowest timing area. Now let's say I put bigger tires on and to pull that same speed my throttle is 25% which has a higher timing area. I look at 2 ways. With light load throttle position will be lower than stock for same speed but with high load the throttle position would be more because of the increased load of the taller tires.

ckrueg

Reaction score
No, not needing it to get there faster. It accelerates fine. Let's say I am running stock tires and I am pulling a trailer at a set speed and am using 35% throttle (just threw that number in) and this puts me in the lowest timing area. Now let's say I put bigger tires on and to pull that same speed my throttle is 25% which has a higher timing area. I look at 2 ways. With light load throttle position will be lower than stock for same speed but with high load the throttle position would be more because of the increased load of the taller tires.

By increasing tire size and maintaining your same speed you would end up at a higher load and less rpms, because the reduced ratio effect of going with taller tires. If your timing map is set up correctly, it should have less aggressive timing the lower the rpms are, and the higher the load. you have to remember that that timing map is set up to work with the whole rest of the tune (in theory). For each point on that map you are going to have a specific duration, rail pressure, boost etc that that timing needs to be set up for. when you change throttle and rpm all those other values will change as well.

torque beast

Reaction score
By increasing tire size and maintaining your same speed you would end up at a higher load and less rpms, because the reduced ratio effect of going with taller tires. If your timing map is set up correctly, it should have less aggressive timing the lower the rpms are, and the higher the load. you have to remember that that timing map is set up to work with the whole rest of the tune (in theory). For each point on that map you are going to have a specific duration, rail pressure, boost etc that that timing needs to be set up for. when you change throttle and rpm all those other values will change as well.

Exactly, so I'm trying to set my tune up right to compensate for the bigger tires where it has a higher load at a lower rpm but I understand how it all plays together which is why I'm not sure on exactly how to do it

ckrueg

Reaction score
Exactly, so I'm trying to set my tune up right to compensate for the bigger tires where it has a higher load at a lower rpm but I understand how it all plays together which is why I'm not sure on exactly how to do it
Looking at that map it looks odd overall. Why does the timing drop so much as rpms increase from 1k? I would guess it has to do with emissions. You could try making the jump from those 2 points more gradual and see how that works. Also take into account what duration you have at that point.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.