Stock boost numbers

Diesel625

Reaction score
For a while now, my 06 has seemed low on power. If at a stand still, you can floor it and it takes off really slow. It picks up power eventually. My boost gauge will not go over 20-21, no matter the situation. Up hills it’s a slug. I have a scangauge, and how could I use it to trouble shoot. No codes other than egr since it ******d, and a glow plug code. I’m thinking I have an internal oil leak. Any ideas? Maintenance is regularly kept up , so it’s not a filter issue. It has a blue spring upgrade, oem filters, egr ******, straight pipe oem exhaust and cat ******.

Zeb

Reaction score
Any boost leak, or exhaust leak pre-turbo will make them very sluggish down low. A quick way to check that is to unplug the MAP sensor and take it for a drive. If the throttle response comes back it rules out it being a turbo issue ( bad vgt wiring, failed vgt solenoid, or the veins sticking). If you unplug the MAP sensor and the throttle response comes back, it it time to start checking for leaks.

Diesel625

Reaction score
It doesn’t have any leaks. I even put new up pipes because one of the bellows cracked.

Diesel625

Reaction score
Also, every now and then it idles rough. It always smooths out once I throttle it. I’m going to try and check the map sensor when I get off work today.

Diesel625

Reaction score
Cleaned it 6 months ago when I did the egr ****** and oil cooler. It wasn’t even bad then.

Diesel625

Reaction score
I put a new hose on the map sensor since the old one was dry rotted and did not fit snug on the intake side. I also put a new map sensor since after unplugging the old one, my boost gauge stopped working. It actually gained a few pounds of boost, and does not feel as sluggish as before. It hits around 24-26 lbs now. I also unplugged the icp sensor. The only thing that changed was at idle it would have around 875psi, instead of the 585-625psi with it plugged in.

Zeb

Reaction score
The boost gauge on the dash does not work when the MAP sensor is unplugged. It is common to see the line from the intake manifold to the sensor be hard, brittle, and cracked because it is close toe the exhaust side of the turbo. It sees a lot of heat.
Also, what you are seeing as far as pressure with the ICP sensor unplugged is normal. That is default pressure.

Diesel625

Reaction score
I kknow the boostgauge will not work without the map sensor plugged in. The gauge wouldn’t work after plugging the map sensor back in. The icp at full throttle is around 3300-3500 psi.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.