2011 - Right side blinker works but no running light

11Sterling

Reaction score
I’ve done a little searching but came up empty. As the title says, 2011 6.7 passenger side blinker light works but no nighttime running light. It won’t stay on as the lights dim after the truck is remote started or unlocked either, but does come on normally initially. I bought the truck in November (Came from northern Utah) and then we had a considerable amount of moisture in the winter and spring where I live. This problem occurred first around January and was intermittent. I checked everything, tugged on and wiggled some connections and it went away. I chalked it up the the rain water having some sort of involvement and never thought about it again.

I had a new alternator put on 2 1/2 weeks ago (Thought it was the red wire failure, it wasn’t) and ever since it has come back and won’t stop doing it. I’ve checked all connections and wire looms that I can see and reach and can’t figure it out. Not a huge deal, just one of those stupid things. Anyone ever had this happen? Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

11Sterling

Reaction score
Sounds stupid but have you tried a new bulb? Just to rule that out.

Well, sometimes it’s the most simple things. Finally started ripping into it this morning. Checked any fuses I could think of and started testing the wires running to the light. Finally looked close and started thinking straight. I pulled a new blinker/brake bulb out of my taillight I recently replaced. Turns out the filament that was the running light portion on the front right marker went out. Good news is I learned how these headlights and grill comes off. Lol. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online