Remote oil cooler

dsmracing1

Reaction score
So tell me Big power, can the cooler be regulated in the winter? Could it cool too much? We do get winter weather up here at times. I believe the 6.7L does like a little heat to work properly. Thx.

I second this. Hate the summer 240+ oil temps but we see 0F in the winter and that will probably be too much for the cooler...

jcain

Reaction score
Inline thermostat would fix the winter issues. I'm running an oil cooler now with positive results

08Monster

Reaction score
I second this. Hate the summer 240+ oil temps but we see 0F in the winter and that will probably be too much for the cooler...
I'll let you know this winter, it gets -30 or less here.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Martin #6

Reaction score
Bumping this one back to life since I encountered some hot oil temps towing last week.

So any updates on the new mount to fit the 2017's with ACC?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I am interested as well on testing and resukts with cold weather operation. My truck already take awhile to warm up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I am interested as well on testing and resukts with cold weather operation. My truck already take awhile to warm up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

we haven't had any cold weather to test this year obviously, but i will say it adds about 10 min to get to full temp at idle in freezing conditions, as my 2013 was in utah a good portion of last winter and thats what we saw. nature of the beast. it has never been an issue , the only issue we ever worry about is vehicles that idle for extremely extended periods in warmer weather.

08Monster

Reaction score
we haven't had any cold weather to test this year obviously, but i will say it adds about 10 min to get to full temp at idle in freezing conditions, as my 2013 was in utah a good portion of last winter and thats what we saw. nature of the beast. it has never been an issue , the only issue we ever worry about is vehicles that idle for extremely extended periods in warmer weather.
From my experience, a 6.7 will never warm up in the winter idling.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Martin #6

Reaction score
I see Bullet Proof Diesel is now offering a heavy duty oil cooler as a direct fit replacement.
This might be a good alternative for those with ACC who can't use the No Limit cooler.

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Is it warming up anywheres for anyone to test the Bullet Proof oil cooler yet lol? Anxiously awaiting towing season...

Motostroker

Reaction score
Is it warming up anywheres for anyone to test the Bullet Proof oil cooler yet lol? Anxiously awaiting towing season...

I’m considering it. However if I’m spending money I rather buy mikes kit. I tow heavy down here in the south. I know it will suit me better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Martin #6

Reaction score
I’m considering it. However if I’m spending money I rather buy mikes kit. I tow heavy down here in the south. I know it will suit me better.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree. The No Limit remote cooler is a better set up, except for the fact they don't offer a kit for trucks with ACC at the moment.

Latest posts

Members online