How would 165's light a powermax?

chappy

Reaction score
I'm just really unhappy with the way this powermax seems to light. I'm use to my E99 with stage 1's and a stock charger that lights instantley. The truc seems so laggy till the powermx lights. I don't want high horsepower just something to light the charger like the way my 99 did. I was lookng at maryland diesel for injectors.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
155's is a great combo with the powermax so I'm sure 165's would be great as well. I have 190's with mine and it runs out of air pretty quick so anything less should work...

chappy

Reaction score
I actually just thought of something. maybe the suncoast convertor is a little to tight for the turbo. Would make sense that it might need a looser convertor or does suncoast only have one stall speed? I don't know the convertor was in the truck already when I bought it.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Which tunes is it laggy on? I'd have Eric adjust those tunes for you. When I owned the truck it was fairly laggy in xtreme street and xtreme race. I never drove it with the tow tune though. As far as injectors 155, 165, or 175 would work very well with it. I'd stick to a very reputable builder like elite or cass though.

chappy

Reaction score
Which tunes is it laggy on? I'd have Eric adjust those tunes for you. When I owned the truck it was fairly laggy in xtreme street and xtreme race. I never drove it with the tow tune though. As far as injectors 155, 165, or 175 would work very well with it. I'd stick to a very reputable builder like elite or cass though.

the agrresive tow, xtrem street. I can't even get the turbo to light to spin the tires in grass. once it light its fine. And is extremely smokey. How many miles are on the stock injectors you put back in it? I may have a bad one or 2 . I know when I went to do the oil coler one of the injecors wasn't hooked up and was missing the clip to hold it on. I found it though in the valley. It does run better since that but not right I don't think.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online