P9120379.jpg

lpop.jpg

lpop1.jpg

lpop2.jpg

lpop3.jpg

lpop4.jpg

TARM

Reaction score
No but how does the front cover look where it mates to it? That is where the issue is usually. Honestly its only 49-79 for a Melling unless its a big jump down under, I would just go with the melling for good measure. On a build its just a very small drop in the bucket for cost.

I did mine @ 100K and the original looked basically almost new. Cleaned up I doubt any one would have known if I dropped it in a MC box. LOL My front cover looked perfect as well. Peace of mind for me and the extra volume using a HP HPOP with a extra line feeding the res.

If it would save you money I would be glad to buy one for you and ship it to ya. With the store online coupons I can get them for close to $40 US and I can still do a local in store pickup after paying online so no wait or shipping cost. I am surprised more people have not figured this out.

ToMang07

Reaction score

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
I need the truck on the road. Cant wait for the week+ for a lpop pump that I most probably dont need. I will have the motor out 2morrow will see what the pick up tube is doing. Worse case I can put the lpop on from my original engine. If that is the fix then I will order a melling.
Oh and thanks for the offer Tim

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
Are you supposed to pack that in order to get the the original prime?

Last edited:

kampy

Reaction score
Read your other thread and didn't see it addressed so .... any chance you forgot the oring gasket where the pickup joins the front cover?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
No but how does the front cover look where it mates to it? That is where the issue is usually. Honestly its only 49-79 for a Melling unless its a big jump down under, I would just go with the melling for good measure. On a build its just a very small drop in the bucket for cost.

I did mine @ 100K and the original looked basically almost new. Cleaned up I doubt any one would have known if I dropped it in a MC box. LOL My front cover looked perfect as well. Peace of mind for me and the extra volume using a HP HPOP with a extra line feeding the res.

If it would save you money I would be glad to buy one for you and ship it to ya. With the store online coupons I can get them for close to $40 US and I can still do a local in store pickup after paying online so no wait or shipping cost. I am surprised more people have not figured this out.

I do this all the time when buying parts from auto parts stores..... You can really save a lot

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
Pick up tube gasket is on. Front cover is way sealed. Now my understanding is that the lpop should fill the hpop reservoir straight away, its a direct route right?? Truck will fire up but Im only getting 4psi at the filter port and the reservoir is empty every time I turn it off. I will have the motor out by lunch. Was just wondering if anything looked amiss regarding the lpop. I was concerned how close the pick tube was to the bottom of the pan. When I took the lpop of to have a look , I stuck a plastic tube through the intake port and fed it through the pick up tube and I could suck oil via a small hand held oil vacuum pump. So if there is a issue with the tube it must be up near the front.

Tom S

Reaction score
That sounds more like the oil pressure is being bled off somewhere if I am reading this right.

chris1978

Reaction score
If you end up needing a LPOP, I am flying out of Canada Saturday night and will be in Cairns, Australia on Monday night. I could try and figure out a way to ship it to you before I fly out to Papua New Guinea on Tuesday afternoon.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
If you end up needing a LPOP, I am flying out of Canada Saturday night and will be in Cairns, Australia on Monday night. I could try and figure out a way to ship it to you before I fly out to Papua New Guinea on Tuesday afternoon.
Now thats an offer to good to refuse. I will PM you.

TARM

Reaction score
ChunderDownUnder,

Please let me know if I can be of any help by getting you either my old pump or send you a new Melling. Also did you check the pressure relief valve or regulator for the oil system? Maybe its allowing all the oil to dump so no pressure?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do this all the time when buying parts from auto parts stores..... You can really save a lot

Tarm, where do you order them online?

Here is a screen shot of a Advanced Auto Check Out Window. I have put a Melling Oil Pump is my basket for the normal list price everyone tends to pay. $79.99.

If you look to the right of the item you will see the Delivery Selection Area. I have checked off "In Store Pickup" by picking a store in my zip code area. The store needs to have it in stock obviously if you want it ASAP but they can order it and have it sent to the store or your home. Up to you.

Looking at the second section going downward you will see a box titled "Enter Your Promo Code" This is where you need to enter a code. If you look to the left and a bit down from that box you see where it lists the code I have entered and its savings.
The code being: BIG30

You can then look at the pricing and see how the price was adjusted from $79.99 down to $49.99.

AdvancedAutoOnlineCoupon.jpg

All you have to do is print out the receipt or bring proof of your purchase such as your CC and/or ID. They will hand you what you purchased online and your done.

There are all kinds of discount codes for Advance Auto as well as other Chain Parts Stores. A simple Google search will give you tons of sites with various codes listed. You might have to click thru a page or two but it will give you one. Just a tiny about of effort on your part for free money.

Make it easy for you here is the Google search link for advanced auto discount codes: Google Search: Advance Auto Discount Codes

Honestly I am surprise more do not know about this. As it covers ANYTHING you purchase from them as far as I know. Some examples of things purchased for this and other various parts stores:

Hella 700FF list got it $49
Melling Oil Pump go it for $49 as well
Brake pads Around $80...... $43 after discount
Moog Premium Greaseable Ball Joints L&R U&L 4 total: $269 with discounts $159.

It covers parts but not oil or tools usually. Some offers can though depending.

A hint when you are needing a number of things look at the various coupons and work out what will get your the biggest discount by breaking up your order into certain dollar amount sizes. As an example look at the ball joints. The lowers were $82 each and the uppers $53. So I broke up each lower into a single sale and then purchased I think a couple bolts or a thing of rags I needed anyways that add $3 to the total of each. This got me the code for $35 off orders $85 or more. So I got $35 off each ball joint. On the uppers they were $53 so the best deal was to just use the $20 off orders of $50 or more. So I ended up making 4 online purchases but I still just went and pickup it all up at my local store at one time. Simple and saved what more than 40%. Did the same thing with timken unit bearings but do not have the numbers so I did not post them up but you get the idea.

I find Advance offers the BEST discounts by far as they are trying to drive business to there online store front instead of B&M. Theirs are off of purchase price rather than tons of coupons on specific items which are never things you need at the time unless you are lucky.

If you do end up signing up from this it would be great if you hit me up for referral points. http://advanceautoparts.tellapal.com/a/clk/4Dmtxn
It will also get you a discount of up to $40 off that first purchase as well. IIRC the order does have to be $50 or over before tax etc.

For those that did not know of this I hope it can help save you some $$$$$

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
I got these confused the first time I messed with them. Are you sure that the one you pressed on wasn't oil filter bypass you are pressing on IIRC? snap ring, washer, flat slug like a dime, spring? Its on the face of the oil filter mating surface. Let me see if I can find pics.

oilfilterpressurebypass.jpg

oilregualtorandfilterbypasslocations.jpg

Anyways the pressure relief valve is actually behind that if I am thinking correctly at almost dawn here. D: You need to take the oil cooler off to get it it. Its between the mounting surface on the block and the oil filter end of the cooler. Or did you already have the cooler off and were actually messing with the valve. Cylinder,piston, spring, and snap ring.

Never mind here got some pictures of everything.

Oilpressureregualtorvalve.jpg

OILCOOLEROTHERVALVE2.jpg

OILCOOLEROTHERVALVE3.jpg

TARM

Reaction score
The only other relief valve on the LPOP I can think of is the one right behind the LPOP outlet. Some call it an HPOP anti drain back valve but its a pressure valve check ball deal from what I can tell. Looks like it acts between the oil cooler flow and hpop res. Its that one you see at the top front of the LPOP diagram in the Ford manual of the oil system section. IIRC its number 3 in the diagram

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.