7.3 headers....

dietoremain

Reaction score
Okay so who's running some and what kinda set ups you have? My bud has a truck goin together with a 4294R and some other goodies and he wants a set of headers bad.. I've heard about DI, Empire, and Carson having them.. what ya'll running?? let me know! :)

thuglike

Reaction score
I run DI headers.

They were part of the build 6 years ago so I have no way to compare to stock manifolds as they were never on this motor with my set-up.

They sound great....and I'm sure they help improve flow but like I said I have no way to compare to the stockers.

I'll try to find a sound clip

David N

Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with them. Seems like alot of people that have had them, have had problems.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I ran DI headers here - they were awesome - but I did a lot of mods at the same time. From experience - I say they helped cool EGTs down and helped spool the turbo earlier and easier - but that is not hard data that most people want.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

JDub

Reaction score
Every set I've ever been around either warped, melted or cracked and were replaced with stock manifolds. With that said, there are some guys running them without issue.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
They seem to be a hit and miss type part. Which is unfortunate giving the price and depand. Who wants to run headers. Im waiting to see what Steed Speed does.

OSCS

Reaction score
They seem to be a hit and miss type part. Which is unfortunate giving the price and depand. Who wants to run headers. Im waiting to see what Steed Speed does.

Steed speed would be nice but damn they are expensive. I just don't understand why 7.3 headers are flirting with the 1k mark? Why are they so expensive?

TARM

Reaction score
SO the solid uppipes helped prevent warping by adding support and rigidity?

bad12jr

Reaction score
I'd guess being all stainless the expansion rate was the same from the pedestal to the up pipes and headers.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
If you keep your egt's on the gauge, you will more than likely have no issues. Back when i used to get my headers glowing over 2000* i had one issue with cracking, never with my 250/80s. That said i sold off alot of performance stuff and they didnt make their way back on the stock engine. Loved everything about them though, worth every penny

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Steed speed would be nice but damn they are expensive. I just don't understand why 7.3 headers are flirting with the 1k mark? Why are they so expensive?

Because they have to do with a "Powerstroke diesel" For some reason that makes prices jump I havent found out why yet. LOL

What isnt expensive in this market.

TARM

Reaction score
How much do duramax headers run. They all seem to be in the 1K range.

Its not really apples to apples to compare to a straight 6

Last edited:

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online