injector choices

slowstroke

Reaction score
So I think its time for a new set of injectors for my truck.
the F250 is my daily driver & I tow occasionally up to 12k lbs in the mountains.

I am looking for something streetable yet fun to drive & my goal is 500-550hp

Right now with the stage 3's from diesel site I can drive smoke free in my 40t,60t & 80e settings & it dynoed 450hp with the standard qssb so I'm probably closer to 500hp with the modded qssb.

unfortunately I don't know what size nozzles those have.

What size injectors & nozzles do you guys recommend that my turbo will clean up in the 40t & 60t, 80e settings?

Here are the mods I got
H11 studs
stock forged rods
stock hpop
DP tuner-live tuned for stage 3s
modded wop qssb turbo
JW billet trans
Coolingmist water injection

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
When you say stage 3s, what size are they? A stage 3 isn't the same from all companies.
If it's a 238/100 I would look at different tuning, they should hit 500.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
yeah "stage 3" dont really tell us anything. but I know you dont know thier specs either. A 238/100 can make 500 with good tuning and you already have the turbo. Maybe a 250/200 would work good with your modded qssb. ide also invest in a bigger HPOP. T500 or SPR1.1.

TARM

Reaction score
So I think its time for a new set of injectors for my truck.
the F250 is my daily driver & I tow occasionally up to 12k lbs in the mountains.

I am looking for something streetable yet fun to drive & my goal is 500-550hp

Right now with the stage 3's from diesel site I can drive smoke free in my 40t,60t & 80e settings & it dynoed 450hp with the standard qssb so I'm probably closer to 500hp with the modded qssb.

unfortunately I don't know what size nozzles those have.

What size injectors & nozzles do you guys recommend that my turbo will clean up in the 40t & 60t, 80e settings?

Here are the mods I got
H11 studs
stock forged rods
stock hpop
DP tuner-live tuned for stage 3s
modded wop qssb turbo
JW billet trans
Coolingmist water injection

You need to give Nate a call and have him look up your order if he doesn't know it from memory which he likely will. He will tell you exactly what you have. My bet is you have either 805 or 100% nozzles and 238cc of fuel capacity.

Yes with those injectors with enough air and a good engine and tuning mid 500s are doable. Come to think about it your tuner should know exactly what you have otherwise the tuning would have just been a shot in the dark but I am sure you will have no trouble getting a hold of Nate but Jody should know as well based on the tunes you got.

I have 250/200s and with it in stock tune it smokes pretty decent. I'd try a 250/100

I would suggest making sure first you have no boost and drive side leaks and HPOP pressures are all good. No hard or soft codes of significance. If that all checks ....then talk to your tuner about adjusting your tunes. No reason a 200% should be smoking heavily other than when they all do such as heavy pedal while lugging it or not giving the turbo any chance at all.

Stroker#66

Reaction score
You need to give Nate a call and have him look up your order if he doesn't know it from memory which he likely will. He will tell you exactly what you have. My bet is you have either 805 or 100% nozzles and 238cc of fuel capacity.

Yes with those injectors with enough air and a good engine and tuning mid 500s are doable. Come to think about it your tuner should know exactly what you have otherwise the tuning would have just been a shot in the dark but I am sure you will have no trouble getting a hold of Nate but Jody should know as well based on the tunes you got.

I would suggest making sure first you have no boost and drive side leaks and HPOP pressures are all good. No hard or soft codes of significance. If that all checks ....then talk to your tuner about adjusting your tunes. No reason a 200% should be smoking heavily other than when they all do such as heavy pedal while lugging it or not giving the turbo any chance at all.

I'm running beans tuning and I doubt I have any drive or boost leaks. I can see 55 lbs hpop press is normal also. It's just always smoked decent in stock tune with other tunes and no tunes

TARM

Reaction score
Then I would be giving Jonathan @ Beans a call and letting him know. Maybe see if he needs any data logs to see whats going on and have him send you some tweaked tunes.

I am running a gtx4294 which has a bit more flow on both sides and I have no issues with smoke at all in any of the tunes unless I am under the turbo or rpms are way low for the gear and I stomp on the pedal. Matt does my tuning but see no reason Jonathan @ Beans can not take care of it. Just give him a call and talk it over.

Stroker#66

Reaction score
Then I would be giving Jonathan @ Beans a call and letting him know. Maybe see if he needs any data logs to see whats going on and have him send you some tweaked tunes.

I am running a gtx4294 which has a bit more flow on both sides and I have no issues with smoke at all in any of the tunes unless I am under the turbo or rpms are way low for the gear and I stomp on the pedal. Matt does my tuning but see no reason Jonathan @ Beans can not take care of it. Just give him a call and talk it over.

I'm not to worried about it I can drive it in stock with out it smoking just got to stay out of it. It spools up extremely quick in stock and runs pretty dang good on the tow,hot street, and race tunes

Latest posts

Members online