About to order Stage 1's and Beans 6 position

Lang

Reaction score
I bought a 2001 F-350 few months ago, 145k miles.
I changed every filter/fluid.
Installed 4" turbo back exhaust, DIY intake, guages, FRx, what else do you guys recommend prior to injectors going in? Should I do cups? Any input would be great!

Thanks!
Coy

David N

Reaction score
Go ahead and do yourself a favor, and go up to a set of 250/100's. You'll thank yourself later. LOL

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
I did the 160/stock nozzles and wish I would've gone bigger...

Just my .02 cents

It's certainly better than stock though!!!

edit: most people say to go bigger with injectors and have them de-tuned to the power level you're looking for as opposed to buying small and wanting more later... although I'm no expert, that's what I've been told!

Last edited:

smokedout250

Reaction score
I would do 238/100s and guages you can tune them back so if you want more later you've got the choice to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David N

Reaction score
Yep. Go full hybrid injectors, then you won't have to worry about oil pumps, and they can always be detuned to your desired power level.

And then a couple months later, when you're addicted to it and want to go bigger, all you have to do is make a simple phone call. No swapping injectors. Hell, I wish I would have went bigger than 250/100's.

Lang

Reaction score
I don't want to drop 6K for a BTS transmission when the stage 3's tear it up soon after... I plan on keeping those for 100k, this is my DD/work vehicle so don't feel like doing a turbo soon after and a HPOP. Just want a little more power/efficiency.

Should I just put new cups in?

mattman347

Reaction score
Stage 1s will be good for what it sounds like you want, contrary to popular belief hybrids are NOT for everybody! If cups are not bad now, I wouldn't worry about them.

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
Yea dont bother w the cups. Stage 2's in my sd tow cooler than stock and are doing great with stock turbo, fuel and trans. All it has is a triple disc converter a vb and a 1.0 w/g exhaust housing.

Lang

Reaction score
Ya I don't want to put all that in now. Down the road yes, but way down the road. Like way down to were ill need new injectors at that point. HPX? How about that?

TARM

Reaction score
I bought a 2001 F-350 few months ago, 145k miles.
I changed every filter/fluid.
Installed 4" turbo back exhaust, DIY intake, guages, FRx, what else do you guys recommend prior to injectors going in? Should I do cups? Any input would be great!

Thanks!
Coy

* Valve springs such as comp cams 910s properly shimmed.

* 6.0 or V10 trans cooler

For injectors 160cc/30% A code if you are staying with the stock turbo I think would work very well.

How strong is your HPOP? What WOT ICP psi is it holding with top tune when you roll into it. If this is an issue you may want to weigh cost of new hpop with going to say a 30% hybrid.

No matter what you add any power you will need at least a TQ converter and it would be a very good idea to add a BTS or JW VB IMO if you plan to use that power. If you wait till you tear up the TQ it will take the trans and cooler with it. IMO take it very easy on it till you put a TQ in it. It is the first of the weak links.

David N

Reaction score
And with only 145k miles, I wouldn't worry about cups. You should be able to just swap injectors and be good to go. Good luck!

Are you doing it or are you taking it somewhere to be done?

Lang

Reaction score
I thought 160cc injectors used less oil than stock? So why would I need a new HPOP with these injectors? Also where should I order the springs from?

davey99ps

Reaction score
Give mattman347 a call an talk to him about your goals, he's a great guy to deal with an will get you taken care of.

Latest posts

Members online