Engine vibration in cab.

bigfords

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm stumped on a situation with my personal/family Excursion. It's a 2002 7.3 and it has an engine vibration in the cab. It is not like a misfire type of engine shake but a buzzing. At idle the steering wheel buzzes and some of the plastic in the dash or center console will make noise and Buzz. It is the type of vibration you would have when your exhaust is touching the cab and or frame. It is also felt in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear once the torque converter locks and the engine is around 1600 to 1800 RPM under load.
I've replaced both engine mounts and the trans mount.
I've disconnected the exhaust at turbo. Nothing has changed it.
The Excursion has an 05 250 suspension swap. T4 kit with sxe363 turbo.
PI converter.

Any ideas? I've looked this thing over a bunch and can't find anything touching body or frame that would cause this.
Starting to think something in engine or trans is causing large vibration that is just resonating through whole vehicle...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bigfords

Reaction score
I don't think so it doesn't do it unless the engine is running. High pressure oil pump? Doubtful but I'm at a loss

ghohouston

Reaction score
Sounds like a miss to me if you're positive the exhaust isn't rubbing anywhere. Especially because you say it happens when the converter locks.

bigfords

Reaction score
I can see where you're coming from but engines running very smooth no misfires. Something just has to be rubbing somewhere but I can't figure it out

dsberman94

Reaction score
Intercoolers pipe on hood. Or the engine rocks to one side when your converter locks and makes the Down pipe rub.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.