Who has the best transmission tunes?

lxcoupe

Reaction score
Guys I am planning to ****** my '15 regular cab and I'm a little nervous about the transmission tuning considering the changes in clutch packs I've been reading about between the 11-14's and 15-16's. I also read a lot about wonky shifting that may or may not be related to adaptive learning. My truck will only be used as a driver, not a tow big, so the driving conditions will remain the same. Not sure if that will simplify the trans learning of not. Coming from an IDP tuned 6.4 that basically shifted perfect at all times, the 6R140 shifting issues are news to me.

My question is, is there actually a REAL detriment to the 15-16 trans? And who has nailed the trans tune so it's not wonky all the time. I was considering:

PPEI/ EZ Lynk
GDP/ MCC
Proven Diesel/ EZ Lynk

sootie

Reaction score
Don't do PPEI.

Tyrant, TSD or GDP would be where I would start

Resetting the KAM really only applies to the 17+ trucks.

Not sure why your so worried about tuning a 16-its a non issue

lxcoupe

Reaction score
Don't do PPEI.

Tyrant, TSD or GDP would be where I would start

Resetting the KAM really only applies to the 17+ trucks.

Not sure why your so worried about tuning a 16-its a non issue

Just trying to do my research, that's all. I ended up having a local trans shop put a Suncoast kit in my 6.4 and even after a lot of back and forth with IDP I couldn't get it to shift right so a good shifting trans is important to me :pint:

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
The clutch pack count was an excuse people used for lack of understanding of all the '15 changes that included a different torque convertor.

My '15 has been tuned since 17k no at 122k....NO issues with an SCT X4 tuning files.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
For your reference.

Attachments

• 2014 Clutch count.jpg
    2014 Clutch count.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 188
  • 2015 Clutch count.jpg
    2015 Clutch count.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 169

doo dah

Reaction score
I have a 2012 so take it for what its worth but I have had several versions/revisions of GH and TD both with a busted transmission and a built (Suncoast 750hp) transmission and didn't like any of them. I had mine dyno tuned at truck source and their trans tune is way better (for my truck) than the other 2 ever were. Chris B has nailed the tune for 6.7s in my opinion.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have a 2012 so take it for what its worth but I have had several versions/revisions of GH and TD both with a busted transmission and a built (Suncoast 750hp) transmission and didn't like any of them. I had mine dyno tuned at truck source and their trans tune is way better (for my truck) than the other 2 ever were. Chris B has nailed the tune for 6.7s in my opinion.
But it was also live tuned... that makes a big difference..

live life full throttle

doo dah

Reaction score
But it was also live tuned... that makes a big difference..

live life full throttle

I agree. However, he did use a trans tune that he put in other trucks with built transmissions and I don't believe he made changes to it, just the engine file. He did give me some cool stuff like trans tune for drag racing which removes first gear. I would recommend live tuning for anyone with the access, it was cheaper than paying for new tunes in my case.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I agree. However, he did use a trans tune that he put in other trucks with built transmissions and I don't believe he made changes to it, just the engine file. He did give me some cool stuff like trans tune for drag racing which removes first gear. I would recommend live tuning for anyone with the access, it was cheaper than paying for new tunes in my case.
I hear ya.. I recommend live tuning period. Lol..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online