CTS2 dead screen due to cab heat

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Anyone have a CTS2 screen die due to cab heat? 1 day old....DONE. I checked using the USB cord after removing it from the tuck. Same screen, just vertical lines.....UGH

Jeremy

Reaction score
Yes, i have. They said there's a ribbon connector inside that comes out or partially off. Something has to be trimmed inside to keep it from happening again. I believe he said it was at the edge of the case, where the two halves come together. Im not 100% on that though. I had them repair mine, but they are only 10 miles away.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
This I why I purchased the absolute performance mount for mine. The best thing for the cts2. Keeps it out of the direct sun off the windshield.

mcnance865

Reaction score
I have sort of the opposite problem. Whenever the temperature gets around 35 F or so, when I come out to the truck in the morning the cts2 screen is on with an error message. When I clear the error message, it goes to the gauges, but they all just read -1 and don't change. I unplug the HDMI cable and plug it right back in and then go through the Ford? > Key ON? > VIN Correct? and it works perfectly fine afterwards. It never does this unless it gets in the 30s, but it does do it every single time at those temperatures.

Obviously temperature can play a role with these things. Maybe we just got bad units. I know people don't go through these hassles everyday, so hopefully it can be resolved.

shmoozer

Reaction score
The screen on mine just straight up quit registering touch input. The gauges work but I cant change anything or use it to check/clear any codes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wedge542

Reaction score
EDGE musta got some bad boards or something at some point,my first one lasted 6 yrs before heat took it out,second one[a month old] right side touchpad stopped working,no eas works at all,about to get number 3 this week,hope it works right,getting old.

Latest posts

Members online