01 7.3 No Boost

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Do you hear any leaks? A large enough boost leak to cause a reading of 0 will be rather loud, as will an exhaust leak. It should sound like youre letting air out of a tire if there is a leak.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Well I worked on it a few hours yesterday. I loosened the bolts at the manifold for the upipes and took the vband off and tried lining it and tightening two times with the same result. This morning I disconnected the map sensor and now I have a little more power with black smoke. Boost gets to 5lbs wot @2200 rpms. There’s all kind of black soot behind the turbo. So evidently the map sensor is bad and I still don’t have it sealed at the back. What a pia it is to work on those fu¥£ing pipes!!!!!! Anyways I’ve got a mechanic coming by the house hopefully this afternoon to take a look. But I ain’t putting my hand back there again.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I can say this I’m really looking forward to getting it right cause with just 5 lbs of boost I could really feel some power there. I think I’ll order a ts6 chip and a USB adapter for the ob2 port for my iPad so I can read some live data and check codes. Just need to research a little and see what to go with. I don’t exactly what is that makes this truck run so strong. I suppose the intake,exhaust,fuel system all in combination is a good recipe. Without a chip or programmer it’s impressive. If I get in another 7.3,6.0,6.4 or even a dodge Cummins none of them feel like this truck does. 350k on the clock and buzz test show good readings on all injectors. When she’s right and everything is as should be this is one bada£¥ truck. Just have to brag on it a little guys. If it wasn’t for the way it runs I’d a ditched this thing a long time ago.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Well the mechanic didn’t show up so I tore into it again. Problem solved this time. I had take all the intercooler pipes loose,cold air intake and exhaust. Took the turbo loose and the spider. I left one bolt in the turbo to pedestal but left it loose and I finally got it right. Drove it up the road about a 1/2 mile and back and it seems to do pretty good. It’s a brand new KC stage 1 turbo with new bellowed upipes. I’ll still have to get a map sensor Monday. Thanks for the help guys and encouragement.

mandkole

Reaction score
Nice-- It's pretty easy to make a 4" pressure tester for the intake out of abs pipe and cap, with an air chuck fitting. Regulate about 25 psi of air and check all connections with window cleaner. Some valves will be open (causing pressure loss) but the plumbing leakers will be obvious.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Glad you figured it out. Best to do it yourself if you want anything done right.

“Don’t overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..”

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Nice-- It's pretty easy to make a 4" pressure tester for the intake out of abs pipe and cap, with an air chuck fitting. Regulate about 25 psi of air and check all connections with window cleaner. Some valves will be open (causing pressure loss) but the plumbing leakers will be obvious.
Yup. Good info right there. I always use dawn dish soap and water and can watch it bubble for a while. Hose down every connection like you would a tire to find a leak that way.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online