Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 7.3 Aftermarket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-15-2018, 07:23 AM
bassthumper's Avatar
bassthumper bassthumper is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Conroe, Texas
Posts: 3
Default

If thats my option only then i will just go in it and find out the vb thats installed...... my question is more related to the tunes which no one has answered.

i appreciate the info. i will probably just go in the tranny at some point and research it.
  #22  
Old 05-15-2018, 07:29 AM
DieselDC's Avatar
DieselDC DieselDC is online now
Sergeant
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassthumper View Post
If thats my option only then i will just go in it and find out the vb thats installed...... my question is more related to the tunes which no one has answered.

i appreciate the info. i will probably just go in the tranny at some point and research it.


Php will give you a custom tune per Transmission specs. I used a transgo kit and they wanted to know specifically what components were used. Gave it to them and the result is a transmission that shifts as smooth as my BTS 4r100.


—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...
  #23  
Old 05-15-2018, 07:43 AM
mandkole's Avatar
mandkole mandkole is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northwest
Posts: 2,219
Default

If you even remotely think the VB or trans is modded (has line risers, etc.. ) automatically select no trans tuning for your engine tuning package. To me, risers in the tunes are just another way to kill a perfectly good stock trans.
__________________
2000 F250 CCSB GT4294R, 250/100s, Dahl/Fuelab, BTS, PHP tuning, stock 17* pump
1994 F250 SCLB
(sold)
1997 F250 CCSB 2wd (sold)
  #24  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:12 AM
79jasper's Avatar
79jasper 79jasper is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: skiatook, Oklahoma
Posts: 2,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandkole View Post
If you even remotely think the VB or trans is modded (has line risers, etc.. ) automatically select no trans tuning for your engine tuning package. To me, risers in the tunes are just another way to kill a perfectly good stock trans.
Wouldn't it be the other way around?
Since typically tunes for a auto have already been customized. So maybe "w/modified valvebody" is lesser trans tuning/lower line pressure?


Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
__________________
2003 F250 KR SCSB FX4
Depleted, studded, airdog (which isn't currently hooked up), fass regulated return, airaide, 4 inch straight pipe with mbrp muffler(so on to go), glowchit pyro, fuel, boost, and trans temp. (Of course don't work lol) Hercules terra track A/T2 315/70/17.
2013 Honda pilot Touring
http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/778639.png
http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/776628.png
  #25  
Old 05-17-2018, 10:06 AM
Derek@Vision Diesel's Avatar
Derek@Vision Diesel Derek@Vision Diesel is offline
General
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canby, OR
Posts: 5,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79jasper View Post
Wouldn't it be the other way around?
Since typically tunes for a auto have already been customized. So maybe "w/modified valvebody" is lesser trans tuning/lower line pressure?


Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Correct.

If you have line pressure being raised mechanically in the transmission you would select "w/modified valvebody". This will lessen the added pressure from the tune.
  #26  
Old 05-17-2018, 07:49 PM
mandkole's Avatar
mandkole mandkole is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northwest
Posts: 2,219
Default

Thanks guys for the clarification.. 👍
__________________
2000 F250 CCSB GT4294R, 250/100s, Dahl/Fuelab, BTS, PHP tuning, stock 17* pump
1994 F250 SCLB
(sold)
1997 F250 CCSB 2wd (sold)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:13 PM.

 

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Designed by Military Ltd