Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 7.3 Aftermarket

Old 06-18-2018, 08:16 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Ok I just talked with BTS an Brian himself.. he has been out of the shop for about two weeks.. ( he had some Health issues that I wont discuss) an will slowly be back building them Great Transmissions . So Please be patient...

Oh ya.. the reason for my call was I broke my Torque converter an he's standing by his Warranty.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:55 AM
Mod Squad
Member's Gallery

Brian is a great transmission builder. Back in the day when the 4R100 was new, he was one of the first ones to learn what it took to make one live at fun power levels. However, the 4R100 is now almost twenty years old, the trans that went into the OBS trucks is even older. Lots and lots of good transmission builders out there have learned all of the secrets that were previously known to just a few.
SDRCM #478
PSA Conspirator # 22
Old 06-20-2018, 09:49 AM
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

Brian has had some health issues and has been out the past couple of weeks. Hes working on catching back up. Honestly, he should still be at home, and not at work, but hes a work-aholic and doesnt stop. Ive known Brian since before we even had a shop, and hes been the most stand up, helpful, and insightful person ive met in this industry, 13 years later. He has warrantied things for us he had NO business warrantying. Sure it sucks that your trans is down a few weeks due to brian being out. But, can any of us complain about getting a FREE repair on a transmission in a truck that makes twice (or more) power than it does stock? There is not a trans builder in the country that stands behind their products the way Brian does.

So honestly, its pretty irritating to see some guys on here get upset about it. For someone who bends over backwards to SO many people, its depressing to see guys have zero compassion in return.

And lastly, Arisely, you must be slipping and not keeping up with the diesel world these days. Sure others have made progress and have a much greater understanding of the 4r, but you think Brian rested and isnt still pressing forward? 4r100s are going in trucks that make 2-3x more power than a 7.3 has ever dreamed of, and theyre holding up. We went an entire SEASON last year on the same trans and converter at 1600+ hp, and ran at UCC and so far this season at 2200+ hp. The parts and things Brian is doing with the 4r are on a whole new level, and there are SO many things coming down the pipe that guys havent thought about. Different shafts, valve bodies, cryo processes, converter technology, trans brakes, and a few other even more impressive things that im not going to mention.

Sorry for the rant, but i hate to see someone that the entire industry has learned from, looks up to, and one of the most helpful people Ive met get bashed on because someone is feeling selfish. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute. How would you like not feeling well, having other things 10x more important than trucks on your mind, pushing your body to get well so you can go back to work to HELP people, while someone is throwing a pitty party on the internet telling guys how its not good enough?

Chris B.
TSD
Old 06-20-2018, 09:57 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Brian has had some health issues and has been out the past couple of weeks. Hes working on catching back up. Honestly, he should still be at home, and not at work, but hes a work-aholic and doesnt stop. Ive known Brian since before we even had a shop, and hes been the most stand up, helpful, and insightful person ive met in this industry, 13 years later. He has warrantied things for us he had NO business warrantying. Sure it sucks that your trans is down a few weeks due to brian being out. But, can any of us complain about getting a FREE repair on a transmission in a truck that makes twice (or more) power than it does stock? There is not a trans builder in the country that stands behind their products the way Brian does.

So honestly, its pretty irritating to see some guys on here get upset about it. For someone who bends over backwards to SO many people, its depressing to see guys have zero compassion in return.

And lastly, Arisely, you must be slipping and not keeping up with the diesel world these days. Sure others have made progress and have a much greater understanding of the 4r, but you think Brian rested and isnt still pressing forward? 4r100s are going in trucks that make 2-3x more power than a 7.3 has ever dreamed of, and theyre holding up. We went an entire SEASON last year on the same trans and converter at 1600+ hp, and ran at UCC and so far this season at 2200+ hp. The parts and things Brian is doing with the 4r are on a whole new level, and there are SO many things coming down the pipe that guys havent thought about. Different shafts, valve bodies, cryo processes, converter technology, trans brakes, and a few other even more impressive things that im not going to mention.

Sorry for the rant, but i hate to see someone that the entire industry has learned from, looks up to, and one of the most helpful people Ive met get bashed on because someone is feeling selfish. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute. How would you like not feeling well, having other things 10x more important than trucks on your mind, pushing your body to get well so you can go back to work to HELP people, while someone is throwing a pitty party on the internet telling guys how its not good enough?

Chris B.
TSD
Agree with you 100%. Hope you are wearing your flame suit though, the "me first" generation is gonna be all over this.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:12 AM
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

haha ill grab my firesuit out of the race trailer. Heck i havent posted here in 4 years and its obviously a new crowd. Its not my style to post stuff like that, but some of the things i read really struct a nerve, just knowing Brian personally and knowing how he is, it bugs me to see him get bashed on for something out of his control which hes trying his best to get over. And i totally understand their frustration and i know the lack of communication is annoying, especially these days when we take for granted how easy it is to communicate with eachother. Just hate to see someone catching flack that deserves it less than anyone in the diesel world.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:38 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

+1 Chris. Spot on. I was surprised by some of the comments.

Brian has a reputation as one of the best, if not the best E4OD/4R100 builder in the business, because he builds great transmissions and has an unbeatable warranty. But because they're busy, they get blasted for poor customer service? Unbelievable. I would understand the frustration if dealing with some mom and pop shop, but with a nationally known reputable builder, I think it's fair to expect a lead time, especially if Brian is dealing with health issues.

Complainers should shop around til some no-name shop answers their call on the first ring because they aren't busy, spend thousands at said shop without a reputation, to buy a product with unknown durability - not to mention not knowing how said shop will or won't stand behind that product.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:10 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Hey Chris Ill stand behind you in my fire jacket an Helmet. also have know Brian for well 20 years..
Old 06-20-2018, 09:55 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Sucks for the OP. Sounds like he really needs that truck on the road instead of sitting for 6+ weeks when he was told around 3 weeks. I would be calling and asking for the transmission back so I could have a core for a local guy or reman Ford unit. Sometimes a free repair that takes 6 weeks hurts more than just paying locally for a 3 day turn around.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:01 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

This has nothing to do with his trans building capabilities or his R&D. This is about his customer service which plain sucks. If he has health issues and going to be out for a while, his office staff should call all his customers that are waiting for their transmissions for an update; not given a round around.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
'97 Black F250HD SC, 3.55s, Punisher Trans, PI Converter, Dana 60 RSK w/ V & C SD springs, PIS 175/80s, T500, Cale's tunes, 910s, Smith Bros, ARPs, Fluidampr, IC, E-Fuel, 3" Plenums, CJC Traction blocks, HFHV IDM, T4/BASB, Horton, 268K
- 2016 F350 DRW Ultimate (stock for now )
- 1987 Buick Grand National (Staged)
- 2004 Mercury Marauder
- 1993 Geo Prizm (beater)
Old 06-21-2018, 06:12 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
There is not a trans builder in the country that stands behind their products the way Brian does.
HA......
You wanna bet ?

I'd put one of Chris Garrett's 4R100/E4OD transmissions (and Warranty) up against anybody's in the country. He's located in northern Georgia

https://www.facebook.com/A1-Transmis...4391162575380/

All of his work (machining & etc)and assembly is done in house,.....by Chris himself,....Not some flunky that he pays 12 bucks an hour. To my knowledge,....he's the only guy in the country that built a Trans-Brake for a 4R100,...that actually works like it should.

Him, as well as many of his customers race their trucks and push them to the limit,.....which is what he wants,.....so he can make adjustments & upgrades to his build spec and in turn, design one of the best transmissions that you can get.