Ambient air temp sensor

wyocountry

Reaction score
2011 F250

Does anyone know the location of the ambient air temperature sensor and how to replace it? I've heard the passenger side mirror, I can't figure out how to get it apart without a hammer! TIA

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah im pretty sure its in the mirror, the mirrors suck to take apart you do need to get a little forceful with them

co04cobra

Reaction score
It is the passenger side mirror. The whole mirror does not have to come apart to replace it.

Very small screw driver and some patience, seems like I may have pulled the mirror light on the last one to help access the wire.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
There is a little access spot you can fit the blade of a pocket screwdriver in. The piece just pops out, and will pull down far enough to unplug the connector. It is on the bottom of the passenger mirror, takes about 2 minutes to change.

Muleman

Reaction score
My original mirror was ripped off and replaced with an after market mirror. The mirror functions but I found out the temperature reading on the dash is a constant 50 degrees. On another site the fix was to intercept the wiring and install a sensor from a 2010 model with the matching plug and locate it inside the door. Once installed, the new sensor is 30 degrees colder than the actual temperature at start up. Once the vehicle is moving the temperature reading on the dash moves a few degrees warmer but remains well below the actual tremp.
Any suggestions other than a costly replacement mirror to make it work!

Latest posts

Members online