7.3 dies hard/ no start when warm.

Reaction score
Been helping a buddy try and get his truck running. Truck is heavily modded- 300-200, s475 etc.

When the oil temp hits 140* the truck dies and won’t restart unless starting fluid is used.

Replaced recently- ipr, pcm, cps, new adrenaline pump, new wiring harness and injector o rings.

Icp spikes to 2000+ After the truck dies and trying to restart it. Fuel pressure is good.

Im lost as to why it won’t stay running.

dsberman94

Reaction score
If you have another ipr laying around try it. I had a similar issue years ago where my truck wouldn’t start back up a over 140 oil temp. Changed just the ipr coil because I didn’t have tools or time and it wasn’t an issue again.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'm wondering since it's so consistent if there is a control issue, aka PCM shorting out or something. But then you say it restarts on spray. Hmm

dsberman94

Reaction score
I don’t think compression personally. I think electrical since it shuts off at 140 every time. At 140 the computer says it’s “warm” so it will turn off the ebpv at idle. Also the dash gauge should just be starting to creep up for coolant temp. Maybe ebpv wiring causing a short to an injector harness? Sounds like it makes sense anyway. Am I missing anything else that the computers change at 140?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
What would happen if you put a new oil temp sensor in? Maybe it’s doing something to the computer. Idk.

Reaction score
I don’t think compression personally. I think electrical since it shuts off at 140 every time. At 140 the computer says it’s “warm” so it will turn off the ebpv at idle. Also the dash gauge should just be starting to creep up for coolant temp. Maybe ebpv wiring causing a short to an injector harness? Sounds like it makes sense anyway. Am I missing anything else that the computers change at 140?

Could be wiring, I know the harness is pretty new from Ford. No ebpv as the truck is T4.

Tested Lpo today and it was 50 psi at idle.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.