Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-16-2017, 08:56 AM
6.0bored 6.0bored is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 38
Default 2015 6.7 f350 reliability fixes

Looking for options to loose the missile silo under my dad's 6.7. What have you all done? Truck has about 55k on it.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
2006 F-350 Lariat Fx4 6.0L
138XXX Miles on Truck 1XXX on Rebuild Motor
To many Mods to list
  #2  
Old 06-16-2017, 09:48 AM
powerstrokelyfe's Avatar
powerstrokelyfe powerstrokelyfe is offline
Sergeant
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 119
Default

Sct x4 with custom tunes, *** pipe, e** turned off. That's really it.
__________________
12 f250 6.7L: SCT custom tunes
  #3  
Old 06-16-2017, 04:29 PM
stevens6.7 stevens6.7 is offline
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 524
Default

Just contact Mike at No Limit (bigrpwr) I believe is his screen name on here. He will give you all the options you need with excellent customer service as well.
__________________
13 Sterling Gray CCSB FX4 6.7
  #4  
Old 06-16-2017, 06:32 PM
Jomax's Avatar
Jomax Jomax is offline
General
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevens6.7 View Post
Just contact Mike at No Limit (bigrpwr) I believe is his screen name on here. He will give you all the options you need with excellent customer service as well.

X100. Run GH tuning, you'll be a very happy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 F-250 6.7 CCSB Lariat, no limit shiny stuff, GH/AS tuned, SCT SOTF, H&S intercooler pipe Upgrade, MBRP DPEF back dual exhaust, S&B intake, edge CTS2.


13.2sec 1/4mi @100mph
  #5  
Old 06-19-2017, 03:55 PM
6.0bored 6.0bored is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 38
Default

Thx for the input. Will look into these.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
2006 F-350 Lariat Fx4 6.0L
138XXX Miles on Truck 1XXX on Rebuild Motor
To many Mods to list
  #6  
Old 06-19-2017, 03:55 PM
6.0bored 6.0bored is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 38
Default

Is it better to remove egr junk?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
2006 F-350 Lariat Fx4 6.0L
138XXX Miles on Truck 1XXX on Rebuild Motor
To many Mods to list
  #7  
Old 06-19-2017, 09:01 PM
LovinPSDs LovinPSDs is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 1,421
Default

Should he k o'clock out the intercooler pipe as well?

What else is there to make these things 100% solid?
__________________
2005 - 6.0 - Mods in progress
12' TDI Jetta
  #8  
Old 06-20-2017, 03:04 AM
Jomax's Avatar
Jomax Jomax is offline
General
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0bored View Post
Is it better to remove egr junk?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes for sure. Also cleans up the engine bay.

The BEST thing to keep these reliable is maintain them. Keep up on oil, coolants, fuel filters etc.


I have 110k miles on my 2015 and I use it... some people say I abuse it, but honestly running these trucks hard don't hurt them IMO. I have my intervals way less then what ford recommends.

Engine oil 10k miles (LE fill syn oil)

Trans (drain every 10k with LE trans oil)

Fuel filters 10k miles

Air filter 10k miles

Coolant 36k miles

Brake fluid 36k miles or once a year

Rear diff oil 20k miles

Front diff 20-40k miles


Transfer case 20k miles


PS fluid 20k miles (I just suck it out with a syringe as much as. I can so I don't have to bleed it)


Maintaining the truck is #1, I'm anal though, I even keep every fuel receipt and every one is numbered, I'm currently at receipt #550.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 F-250 6.7 CCSB Lariat, no limit shiny stuff, GH/AS tuned, SCT SOTF, H&S intercooler pipe Upgrade, MBRP DPEF back dual exhaust, S&B intake, edge CTS2.


13.2sec 1/4mi @100mph
  #9  
Old 06-20-2017, 03:04 AM
Jomax's Avatar
Jomax Jomax is offline
General
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPSDs View Post
Should he k o'clock out the intercooler pipe as well?

What else is there to make these things 100% solid?

Yes, he should get a H&S Intercooler pipe upgrade for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 F-250 6.7 CCSB Lariat, no limit shiny stuff, GH/AS tuned, SCT SOTF, H&S intercooler pipe Upgrade, MBRP DPEF back dual exhaust, S&B intake, edge CTS2.


13.2sec 1/4mi @100mph
  #10  
Old 06-20-2017, 04:06 PM
6.0bored 6.0bored is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
Yes for sure. Also cleans up the engine bay.

The BEST thing to keep these reliable is maintain them. Keep up on oil, coolants, fuel filters etc.


I have 110k miles on my 2015 and I use it... some people say I abuse it, but honestly running these trucks hard don't hurt them IMO. I have my intervals way less then what ford recommends.

Engine oil 10k miles (LE fill syn oil)

Trans (drain every 10k with LE trans oil)

Fuel filters 10k miles

Air filter 10k miles

Coolant 36k miles

Brake fluid 36k miles or once a year

Rear diff oil 20k miles

Front diff 20-40k miles


Transfer case 20k miles


PS fluid 20k miles (I just suck it out with a syringe as much as. I can so I don't have to bleed it)


Maintaining the truck is #1, I'm anal though, I even keep every fuel receipt and every one is numbered, I'm currently at receipt #550.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
U certainly do use your truck! Yes I've had him keep ontop of maintenance, just not on the intervals you have. Might have to tighten some up.
I did the tranny at 30k.
Was thinking I'd run CAT ELC after ******s, unless there's a different school of thought.
Haven't touched diffs or brake/PS as of yet.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
2006 F-350 Lariat Fx4 6.0L
138XXX Miles on Truck 1XXX on Rebuild Motor
To many Mods to list
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:09 AM.

 

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Designed by Military Ltd