S366sxe

6 Piston Power

Reaction score
Currently researching for my build and not finding much on this turbo. Plan is 205/30s on a 97% daily driver with a built auto trans. I rarely go over 2500 rpms yet don’t want to hamstring it from there to redline.

Was really hoping kcturbo and jbolen would do a write up with dyno sheets on this one just like the 364.5 & 369.... very well done 👍🏽

Has anyone run this setup and what are your experiences?
Also would it be wise to run the.91 a/r for quick spool?
Does anyone have dyno sheets to show the performance?

freddie

Reaction score
It would be helpful to know your tire size and gear ratio, as well as whether or not you tow much, and what your priorities are (towing performance, fun on the street, etc).

I was going to post a similar thread for myself.

TMCCOY

Reaction score
Ran one for a while. About the same spool as a 364.5 both with .91 AR. Definitely get the .91. Has more midrange and top end than the 364.5 but is less responsive under boost. With the 30% nozzles you could go with either depending on your driving goals.

6 Piston Power

Reaction score
freddie, currently running stock 235/85/16 and will go up to 255/85 when they need replacing. Truck will mostly be for fun on the street.

tmccoy, what did you use your truck for and would you choose the 366 over the 364.5?

Wicked

Reaction score
I’ve been out of the 7.3 world for awhile.... why not run a 38r? You say 97% DD... wouldn’t that be easier, ideal for 205/30%, and less expensive?

TMCCOY

Reaction score
If at all possible, run a T4, way better than a 38R. I ran one for a couple years before it started puking oil out the exhaust and changed to a T4. Best turbo for these trucks by far. I'd choose a stock turbo with the RiffRaff billet wheel that I had before the 38r.

My truck is a DD and tows our 5th wheel. I've towed from coast to coast twice and a whole bunch in the west. For majority towing, the 366 with a decent injector is a good combo, for DD go with the 364.

6 Piston Power

Reaction score
I believe KC Turbo makes a version of the 38r for obs but I have exhaust leaks that need fixing, a factory down box (pipe), and a pedestal to d3l3te... so T4 it is!

TMCCOY, would the extra fuel of a 205 injector help wake up the 366 faster than your 175s?

TMCCOY

Reaction score
I wouldn't think the 205 would be much different on spool up. Both injectors make about the same HP and the nozzle is smaller too.

INFRNL

Reaction score
I haven't gotten a 364.5 to play with yet, so no experience, but the 366 would be nice since you are mainly dd/fun.

Did you ever decide on what you wanted to do?

6 Piston Power

Reaction score
Going to get 366 T4 kit. Hopefully install at the same time as my e fuel system. Have a Bosch -044 pump and going to use 1/2” hose to supply plenty of fuel. Currently still thinking 205/30s but part of me REALLY WANTS 238/80s.

The 366 will have enough to clean up the 238s. Plan is fuel, turbo kit and gauges this summer. Then hopefully dieselsite built trans, hpop and sticks next year. Probably a first house purchase somewhere in between. Oh and my antique truck will get work so I can drive it this year!