Rocker arm install

Stroked777

Reaction score
Sunday I'm finally getting around to replacing the rockers in my truck at 106k. Any tips and tricks? I got new injectors lines and turbo seals, am I missing anything else?
What's the torque spec on the rocker arm pedestals?
Torque on fuel rail bolts and miscellaneous torques I should know. Thanks ahead of time for the input

webb06

Reaction score
You won't need to pull the turbos to replace the rockers. Unless you're talking about the seals for the crossover tube? If the bridges are pitted from the rockers you might consider replacing them as well. Pretty positive the torque spec is 45ft/lbs. tighten them down slowly to compress the valve springs. Torque the top first then the bottom

78f100

Reaction score
Use the manual as there is a sequence to follow with the cam in 2 different positions.

78f100

Reaction score
I thought it was because of spring pressure to get the proper tq. Idk for sure I just always do it....lol

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
The way I see it, is once you have the inboard bolts tightened to spec the springs should be fully compressed. The outboards will be to spec then hit the inboards again to confirm. Thats how I did it and got no extra turns out of the inboards after initial torquing. Getting to the crank cab on is squeezy.

webb06

Reaction score
I never rotate the engine to the "right spot". Just slowly tighten them down to compress the springs

Csilva187

Reaction score
I never rotate the engine to the "right spot". Just slowly tighten them down to compress the springs

This and I also use ALLDATAdiy.com for my repair info.

Edit-for torque and sequence info etc.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Mine were bad at 75k I should have done them when the cab was up but didn't have the income to do them at the time. Now I have the time and got the money to do them

Stroked777

Reaction score
well got the passanger side pulled apart so far and got all the rockers out, and left the little plastic pipe coolant in one piece so far. upon inspection of the old rockers i realized that 3/4 intake arms were about to let go, the clips that holds the swivel button thing (sorry dont know what its actually called) were broken off only thing olding the harden tappet in there wa the pressure against the bridge

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Good thing you decided to change them and not wait any longer. I think I might do mine when I change my springs and push rods. What are they like 220 per side right?

Stroked777

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the tappet out of it's seat cause the retainer broke, you can also see that it has a little nipple on the rounded part caused from the little oil galley to help lubricated it, which didn't do it's job and caused some bad wear. But when it had pressure held against it, that little nipple kept it from swiveling

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 205
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online