PLEASE HELP!! 2009 Powerstroke 6.4L CODES P1000 & B2900

RECO6901

Reaction score
My Dad is having major problems with his 2009 Ford F250 6.4L. First off it has ran great for 2 years! It has been EGR ******d and is running SCT X4 ****** bin file. About a month ago his programmer started saying it needed a firmware update. So i tried to update it and it locked up, called Drive / SCT and I was explaining to the tech what was going on. He started saying that he couldn't help me unless the EGR was installed back on the truck! I was already pissed off so I said a few choice words to say the least... So i sent the tuner in and they supposedly fixed it, once I received it back I plugged it back into the truck but never changed anything.. so a week or so later the truck started not turning over and the fuel pump isn't running.. So when you short the starter and turn the truck over it still doesn't start. I've checked all the relays and fuses, even changed relay 43 ...put it on a Bosch scanner and read the codes B2900, C1155, C1233, U2011, U0115, P2291, P2269, P008E, P1000. - Cleared the codes which I'm guessing reset the PCM... then unplugged the batteries for a couple mins. hooked everything back up and it turned over and runs. Then he drove the truck for a few weeks and it ran fine.. but he told me a few times it wouldn't turn over and he would come back and try it later and it would start! This past weekend it left him and my mother stranded - they came out of the store and it wouldn't turn over or anything but the lights would come on etc...So i had to drive 80 miles to help them. I got there and he had the batteries unhooked .. I hooked everything back up and read the codes- cleared the codes but it still wouldn't turn over.., I noticed the Anti-theft light in the dash was flashing...so I took the key out and put it back in.. unlocked the door over and over even used the key in the outside door lock.. cleared the codes again... and finally it cranked up! So they drove home. Yesterday he tried to crank it and it wouldn't do anything.. so I went there and I changed both fuel filters! being I know a couple of the codes were because of the fuel filter! After that I tried to cycle the key to get the fuel system primed.. It would come on sometimes and then I'd have to do the clear codes etc and finally it would turnover. So now it still has P1000 code. Sorry for all the detail... Also the SCT X4 will not read the codes it says its clearing codes but doesn't appear to do anything... it still says it needs an update but it times out with an error! So I'm thinking maybe it's an issue with the PCM and the SCT X4 tuner? I had read where they were fined for the ******d stuff and they no longer are selling them, Do you think they might have changed the SCT back to stock with no ****** bins? So I'm not really sure what to do here? I'd like to find some ****** bin files for a 6.4L .. If anyone has ANY IDEAS AT ALL PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

sootie

Reaction score
More than likely a truck issue, not a tuner issue. Reason being, the tuner isn't doing a darn thing unless you are actually flashing the truck. If you want to remove that variable ,find a used H&S tuner which will overwrite whatever is on the truck.

webb06

Reaction score
P1000 code is nothing. Means that the codes have been cleared but a drive cycle hasn’t been done. Used only for vehicle inspection, so they know if you’ve cleared the code in the parking lot just to get the engine light to go off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roccafellas

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!! 2009 Powerstroke 6.4L CODES P1000 & B2900

Check all your chassis grounds and engine grounds and make sure you don’t have a bad voltage drop at your starter.. check the fuel pump ground side and power side too.. if it’s been tampered with and (it sounds electrical) check your grounds and any connections power and ground related to the fuse box, pcm & DLC (make sure that connector isn’t loose either) use the starter exciter wire on the passenger firewall will it crank constantly with that shorted to power? even check the fuel pump. What does the rail pressure read when it is cranking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online