Fuel system went out, upgrade?!

joshb0718

Reaction score
I have a 2017 f-250 cclb 60k miles. Truck loss all power on highway and towed to dealer. Dealer says diesel was contaminated with gasoline. I had filled up 6 hours prior and ran the truck down to 1/4 tank before this happened. They didn’t test it just said they smelled it. Also said there was water in the system and caused rust. They won’t warranty it, said the entire fuel system needs replaced and would be over $10,000

Any suggestions on if this sounds right or if it should be covered?

Should I upgrade my fuel system at this time, to what?
I wouldn’t mind making more power as long as its reliable still.

I don’t do heavy towing, biggest trailer is a 16’ landscape trailer and I haven’t pulled that in 6+ months. Driven 15k miles in the last couple months.
c8daf5db066419cf8f21dc3d3d2e2aad.jpg

2509f8bff907bcb0cd8260bff8e2a5e0.jpg

56732dff0bde39f730d1e84b33ea2f1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would contact insurance. If youve got full coverage, they should cover it. There is typically a 1 time retard cover, for gas or def, but if it was ****ty fuel, they should cover it, or go after the fuel station. Dont know if the sediment in the picture was there before your last fill up or not, or a slow accumulation of ****, and unless the fuel station has had numerous complaints, typically they wont do ****. Insurance is nice though...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

joshb0718

Reaction score
Yeah I think that’s what I’m going to do. I found a shop that said we can do the claim and get the money and use it towards anything. Thinking about possibly upgrading but idk what to or what to upgrade. Truck is already on a diet but always want more reliable power

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
To CYA I'd contact the fuel store and see if they can verify your purchase of what product.

joshb0718

Reaction score
To CYA I'd contact the fuel store and see if they can verify your purchase of what product.

Yeah I’ll do that. The shop I’m taking the truck to was telling me he has dealt with a lot of this in the time he has owned his shop. Said I should just tell them I mistakenly put gas in it to get them to cover the claim quicker. That doesn’t sound right to me but I’ve never been down this road before. Would they cover the claim if I mistakenly put gas in?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
And if you don't have them, they may ask the fuel station for them

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Is a gas station going to keep that kind of record for longer than a couple of days? If not that same day?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
It all depends on what establishment....

Last time I dealt with this they gave our customer her exact fill up amount, price charged, what grade fuel, card number, etc... I want to say it had been 6 months prior

joshb0718

Reaction score
It all depends on what establishment....

Last time I dealt with this they gave our customer her exact fill up amount, price charged, what grade fuel, card number, etc... I want to say it had been 6 months prior

All I have are my card statements, was thinking they could pull the receipt if needed.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Random question but I see the exhaust tip on that trucks and am wondering, is the truck still emissions intact? Around me if emissions is gone, your warranty is done, period. Doesn't matter what it is. I don't agree with it but that's how they treat it.

joshb0718

Reaction score
Random question but I see the exhaust tip on that trucks and am wondering, is the truck still emissions intact? Around me if emissions is gone, your warranty is done, period. Doesn't matter what it is. I don't agree with it but that's how they treat it.

Yes all that’s gone. I told my dealer I would do that and I didn’t want the warranty and they said they would still cover all items that aren’t directly related. And have done so, so far.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Yes all that’s gone. I told my dealer I would do that and I didn’t want the warranty and they said they would still cover all items that aren’t directly related. And have done so, so far.

I need a dealership like that

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

joshb0718

Reaction score
I need a dealership like that

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Ha right! The real question now is what do I upgrade while we are in there spending money? I want reliable but more power and black smoke!

joshb0718

Reaction score
Well I didn’t think more power was such a bad thing...

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
People who want more "smoke" are exactly the reason why it's getting so hard to tune newer trucks, harder to make more power, and emissions are getting more strict.

Latest posts

Members online