7.3 Injectors and Turbo

riverboy460

Reaction score
Alright everyone. its time to purchase these parts. im looking for opinions on what would be the best set up to run.

I was thinking of going with rosewood 250 100 premium build injectors and buying a irate diesel t4 kit with the s366 turbo.

would this be an awesome set up for daily driver and tow rig. I have a e99 f350 cclb lariat 4x4. 85,000 original miles. I use it to tow a 22 ft boat and 30 ft 5th wheel as well. I need reliability as well. I do not want extreme egt's either so want to make sure I do it right the 1st time.

current mods are php hydra with the free tunes, adrenaline hpop,trans,egt, and boost gauges. 4 inch turbo back exhaust. s&b cold air intake.

also looking to see if anyone knows of any good sales for black Friday to get this stuff as cheap as I can. I am working on getting this stuff on a enlisted navy salary so its not much so I want to build it wisely on my military budget.

thanks for inputs and vendors please chime in as well to educate me. thanks

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
I am not sure what your ultimate goal is but that sounds like an awful lot of fuel for towing that much. If you have twin turbos sure, but I personally would steer you towards a set of our 175/80's or at the most 200/80's. This has been perfect for a lot of customers that do a far amount of towing.

mandkole

Reaction score
x3-- verify your goals and how much time spent towing. That setup will demand that you watch drive pressures on the 366. Id go to a 160 or 175-- it will be much easier to tune and live with.

Swaan

Reaction score
175/80 pis injectors. Spend a bit more and get the bell basb turbo from irate. Ditch the 366. You'll be waaaay better off. Trust me. I've done both. If you don't want egt issues the basb will tow a lot cooler in the lower rpm band.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
175/80 pis injectors. Spend a bit more and get the bell basb turbo from irate. Ditch the 366. You'll be waaaay better off. Trust me. I've done both. If you don't want egt issues the basb will tow a lot cooler in the lower rpm band.

^^^^^ This x 100.......look at my build up. I tow 23k with relative ease and no EGT issues.

Billy T.
[email protected]

ibestroken

Reaction score
OP Call matt at irate. They are having a big sale on the t4 turbo kits for black Friday. Prob will save you a good bit of money.

CurtisF

Reaction score
To the OP, tell us your power goals first.

If you're wanting a 350/400hp DD/Tow rig, then the suggestions above will get you there just fine.

If you're wanting a 500hp rig but still be able to tow, then that's a whole different ballgame. See what I'm saying?

Either one is possible, just takes different approaches.

riverboy460

Reaction score
ok update went with full force stage 1.5 injectors 180/30 and now still debating tubo options. clay at riff raff recommends the 38r with the late 99 conversion since im a e99 7.3. other shops recommend the same thing since they have told me its a easier set up to run and not have to worry about finding parts on the road if something happens. the t4 setup and a 38r set up are both about the same price maybe 100.00 difference in price so what do you think is best?

I do a lot of town my 30 foot 5th wheel for family camping trips and I also tow my 22 foot boat around a lot as well. I needed to be realistic so I decided to cancel my stage 2 injector order and going the 1.5 route instead. just need a reliable dd tow rig

cjfarm111

Reaction score
The 38R is a good turbo for stock or stage I injectors. Go with a Bell. Best turbo i have ran so far.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
What's the biggest stick you all suggest with a 38r? I already have the L99 parts on my E99 and a T500. Looking at plans for more fuel and air.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
A t4 BASB TURBO will run a lot cooler then a 38r. My vote goes to the T4.
any injector or turbo combo can run cool.. tunning makes that happen.
What's the biggest stick you all suggest with a 38r? I already have the L99 parts on my E99 and a T500. Looking at plans for more fuel and air.
as big as you want. again, tuning is key..

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score

Im running 250/100s. Will be installing a 38r soon with Dieselsites new wheel they just came out with made for better low end response, and lower EGTs while towing than the WW2. Only thing I loose is a bit of top end hp.. don't really care, it's a DD.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Im running 250/100s. Will be installing a 38r soon with Dieselsites new wheel they just came out with made for better low end response, and lower EGTs while towing than the WW2. Only thing I loose is a bit of top end hp.. don't really care, it's a DD.

they cam out with another billet option for the 38r?

live life full throttle

gnxtc2

Reaction score

they cam out with another billet option for the 38r?

live life full throttle
I think he confusing the 66mm wheels. There are two different 66 wheels.

The 38R wheel is an equal length blade wheel. The 38R wheel is 66mm.

The 66 wheel for modified turbos (OBS and E99) turbos. The modified 66 wheel has unequal length wheels which helps with compressor surge. The OBS/E99 compressor covers are not ported like the 38R cover.

I ran both wheels on my modified OBS turbo and did not feel a difference. But then again, I didn't have positive results with the 66 turbo.

Billy T.
[email protected]

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Well I have an upgraded billet wheel in this truck from riffraf(previous owner) but thought I'd need more air for the fuel. I like knowing I can go big and have them tuned down. I have a canned tuned from an SF3 on it now. Switching to a 6 position soon.

Latest posts

Members online