Truck Stumbles, hesitates

6.4BeastStroke

Reaction score
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone had some good input regarding a problem I have. I have a 2010 6.4, 50k, CCLB, 3.55 gears, all stock. When going up a hill, with the pedal floored, and over 30 psi boost, the truck will fall flat on its face, shake, hesitate, and stumble. The boost gauge reads over 30 psi, but the acceleration and engine roar is gone, and the truck just shakes like crazy.
I've been unable to reproduce the problem in a bone dry environment, just in rain or even high humidity with some water on the road.

Anyone have this issue? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

6.4BeastStroke

Reaction score
I don't get a CEL or anything. I can't verify that it was belching white smoke, I think I saw some white smoke one time, but one of my friends told me that he saw my truck absolutely smoking out an entire street once, even though I missed it. White smoke tells me some kind of water is getting into the intake. I found this one post where someone had condensation in the intercooler boot, but that was supposed to be fixed early 2008. I have a 2010 and apparently the TSB doesn't apply to my MY.

Thank you

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
I just got a 08 6.4 110k and it does the same thing. Ive read a bunch of posts like the one you read. They say intercooler swap will fix it. Mine does it in rain or high humidity and after its up to operating temperature and it idles for a few minutes.

sent from my little slice of heaven (the bathroom)

Latest posts

Members online