New to fords. Looking for any and all advice

Cfriga

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2010 f250 lariat with 60xxx miles. Other than oil changes at 5000 and doing a dpf/erg delete. What are things I should know. I've heard of cavitation and how detrimental the whole emission set up in general is. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.some of these horror stories have got me a little scared

Stroked777

Reaction score
Deleted it and run it. Depending on how big of a tune you run will determine how long the head gaskets last. So plan on doing those sooner or later

What your running for a tuner

Cfriga

Reaction score
It's bone stock as of now. Haven't touched it. Would like to find a used spartan and dpf delete. I believe those would save me the purchase of a erg delete correct? Only thing it's got so far is 6" lift on 37-12.50r20's

Cfriga

Reaction score
And honestly I hadn't heard much about the head gaskets on the 6.4's. More so the 6.0's

Reaction score
And honestly I hadn't heard much about the head gaskets on the 6.4's. More so the 6.0's

Cause everyone's already done them lol.. Trust me they are just as bad as the 6.0's

Stud it delete it and have fun with it!

Just don't crack a piston:blah:

Or destroy the motor like I did:(

Stroked777

Reaction score
Yeah the pop hg, not so much in stock form. If you tune it you will pop the head gaskets. Just a matter of time so be ready for it. Yes if you tune it it should shut off the egr system. But it's still good to get rid if the hardware

Strokersace

Reaction score
Yeah the pop hg, not so much in stock form. If you tune it you will pop the head gaskets. Just a matter of time so be ready for it. Yes if you tune it it should shut off the egr system. But it's still good to get rid if the hardware

Regular egr delete or a delete w/ waste gate? I've been told that if you do an egr delete and don't get one with a waste gate built in, you'll run too high of cylinder pressures and have issues. Is this true? Should one leave the hardware in place and just shut it off with the tuning? I also have a 10 that I'll be doing some work with.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2010 f250 lariat with 60xxx miles. Other than oil changes at 5000 and doing a dpf/erg delete. What are things I should know. I've heard of cavitation and how detrimental the whole emission set up in general is. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.some of these horror stories have got me a little scared

be religious on maintenance like fuel filters and oil changes. basic tune and egr delete and rock out!

It's bone stock as of now. Haven't touched it. Would like to find a used spartan and dpf delete. I believe those would save me the purchase of a erg delete correct? Only thing it's got so far is 6" lift on 37-12.50r20's

i personally would custom tune it using an SCT device (very affordable) or an H&S Mini maxx (more expensive but has safety defuels, shift on the fly, etc)

Are the issues the '08,'09's had as prominent in the 10's?

the 10's had less hpfp harness issues, less injector issues, less head gasket and trans issues. also the 10's came with microsoft sync

IMO a waste gate is a waste until you add bigger injectors or start to spray no2

not a waste. many people crack uppipes, blow head gaskets and float valves for this reason. what you must remember is that a stock truck opens the egr valve slightly at full throttle so that relieves a chunk of drive pressure.

Latest posts

Members online