What have you done to your powerstroke today?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Been chasing a no start issue in my truck, 2yo starter was the suspect, so I go to remove it and shocker, the relay contract just twists out. So now I need a new starter regardless.

Perfect.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Happens to me all the time. I just take it back to autozone and warranty it since it’s lifetime warranty. They’re all junk anymore anyway. Alternators are junk anymore too. I put this one on the truck a year or so ago and it already drops voltage down to almost 13 once it runs for a little while.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Buy junk quality and expect top quality.... great....
There is quality out there, but you'll have to pony up more than parts store prices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don’t expect top quality and fortunately alternators are easy to replace. I’d just like to get more than a year or two out of it. They still aren’t exactly cheap.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Bought more tools to fix it.
When everyone you know works on dodges, toyotas, or jeeps, finding specialty tools gets expensive. Freedom got some bucks for a main seal installer. Tried everything to get it on without it. Also added to my little tool collection with some gearwrench inverse torx to put the studs back on my ps head when I get them back from the machine shop.

I went from a plastic box craftsman set to overflowing a 26" roll chest in a few weeks of tearing down my new 6.4. I think I have more invested in parts than new tools but it might be close. Time for a top and mid box at least. And stronger slides.

ToMang07

Reaction score
New starter... again... and a long overdue oil change.
7188ff47268b6a926206da423f687d50.jpg
bf980517572da058b64f7d9fcb74440b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

shmoozer

Reaction score
Got in an accident with a mini van a month and a half ago. Insurance totaled the truck. I bought it back and am rebuilding it.

d95eded14d57bfb122047d345c46849d.jpg

73100ade70020dd746c771ac5514d250.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Got in an accident with a mini van a month and a half ago. Insurance totaled the truck. I bought it back and am rebuilding it.

d95eded14d57bfb122047d345c46849d.jpg

73100ade70020dd746c771ac5514d250.jpg

Wowza! Did the frame get bent? Was anything salvageable on the axle or attached to the axle?

live life full throttle

shmoozer

Reaction score
Wowza! Did the frame get bent? Was anything salvageable on the axle or attached to the axle?

live life full throttle

Believe it or not the frame did not get bent and the only reason the wheel and tire are at a 90 is because the TRE came out of the steering knuckle. Hell even the wheel was fine. Cleaned up a little road rash and put the new tires on it. Balanced out just fine.

When we picked it up from the body shop we tossed a spare wheel and tire on and bailing wired the TRE into the knuckle. Drove it out of the lot and up onto the trailer.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Believe it or not the frame did not get bent and the only reason the wheel and tire are at a 90 is because the TRE came out of the steering knuckle. Hell even the wheel was fine. Cleaned up a little road rash and put the new tires on it. Balanced out just fine.

When we picked it up from the body shop we tossed a spare wheel and tire on and bailing wired the TRE into the knuckle. Drove it out of the lot and up onto the trailer.

Nice!!

live life full throttle

shmoozer

Reaction score
First drive was tonight. Definitely needs an alignment and then a once over to make sure all is good.

Betarocker

Reaction score
Have a friend visiting who dabbles in photography, shooting for truck magazines and online stuff. Went out with the camera and took a few shots.

_HAO4114-X2.jpg

_HAO4122-X2.jpg

_HAO4174-X2.jpg

greyford1979

Reaction score
Oil change and replaced my radiator. I guess 312,000 miles was a little too much for it, although it was a very small leak, couple drops. And for once everything went well, very minimal cussing lol.

Connor M

Reaction score
Installed my studs over the weekend, but the trucks still apart. Spent 11 hours Saturday trying to get a broken bolt out without damaging the block, but had no luck so Sunday I stuck a fix-a-thread in and sent it. It was just the bolt for the lifter guide.
I knew 275lb-ft was a lot, but I really didn't think it was going to be as hard as it was. That's quite a bit of pulling, and I'm a strong dude. No pics, I'm sure everyones seen a million 6.4 head stud photos.

Really slow going build since I basically have from close Friday to Sunday night to work on it and I've never done anything like this before. Just bouncing my questions and ideas off people who have built diesels before. So far, so good. Happy to be on the build up side of the process now.

Betarocker

Reaction score
Installed a set of Ride Rite airbags. Wasn't as easy as the instructions made out, but that was mostly due to having OUO Traction Blocks which required drilling the jounce pad. The Jounce bumpers were somewhat rusty, and the lock nut was stubborn. Things got a bit easier after dropping the spare, but still a pain in the @$$. Go the frame bracket mounted after farting around with the different shim spacers supplied. Once that was taken care of, could figure out where to drill the hole for the lower mount. I was originally going to use Daystar cups but there isn't enough space to run them. Ended up using a screw extractor to drill the pilot hole from the top as my angle drill was too tall to use a regular bit. A little extra leverage with a pry bar got the hole made. Finish drilling the 3/8" hole from below and then mounted the bags and air line. While I was underneath, before raising the spare, I moved the trailer wiring harness to the outboard side of the hitch bracket. Now there's plenty of extra space to fit the 37" spare, with probably room for a 38".

I could have used these last week when I helped my brother haul his 4Runner 1000km to the house he just sold so he could use that to haul his small trailer of crap home while I dragged his old Landcruiser he's restoring back. On the way out my truck was @$$ sagging and aiming the lights too high. On the way home I aimed them way down.

Connor M

Reaction score
Put the injectors back in, rails, new lines, put the rocker boxes and valve covers back on, did a little wiring, installed the alt, pulleys, and the belts. Put the fuel bowl back in and started on the fuel lines. Seeing a reduction in the pile of parts in the bed for the first time in a while. I was scared looking at that pile for a long time. It's starting to come back to me as I go.
I'm still nervous about the daunting task of rebuilding the top end when I barely had any mechanical experience before this, but my confidence is growing. Might be exaggerating but it feels like every bolt I torque down is a relief haha

C2tuck

Reaction score
Put new batteries in to get rid of my passenger side corrosion issue...

Latest posts

Members online