Possible head gasket?

6.4sleeper

Reaction score
Alright guys, I've got a job one with full deletes n spartan tuning. My truck started chugging one day on my way to work. I was only quarter throttle at most taking off from a stop and it fell on it's face and was puffing white smoke. Under heavy acceleration the truck runs great and has no problems. Anybody else had these symptoms? Forgot to mention it only happens in second and third gear. After that it runs just fine.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Was it raining or high humidity? Mine does it only in those conditions. Ive read alot of threads and the factory intercooler seems to be the problem. I stopped by spartan diesel yesterday and mentioned it to them and they said the same thing. My truck is completely stock.

sent while intimately thinking of 351fifty!

webb06

Reaction score
Alright guys, I've got a job one with full deletes n spartan tuning. My truck started chugging one day on my way to work. I was only quarter throttle at most taking off from a stop and it fell on it's face and was puffing white smoke. Under heavy acceleration the truck runs great and has no problems. Anybody else had these symptoms? Forgot to mention it only happens in second and third gear. After that it runs just fine.

Are the egr coolers still on the truck? One could be ruptured if so

6.4sleeper

Reaction score
EGR is gone, and it was raining and very humid all day. I'll see how it acts this morning.

Members online

No members online now.