Parker push-lock hose

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I swapped the dual fuelers around on my trucks and when I inspected the hose I was using to feed the hpfp’s I noticed it was cracking and beginning to deteriorate. The lines are 3 years old and have around 40,000 miles on them. I will be installing braided stainless this time.
56E4F80E-125A-446F-8B5D-F348DEAFD948_zpszfk3sjbp.jpg

Just an FYI.

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Good find. We're you getting hose debris in the filters?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Was the hose diesel fuel rated? That is pretty scary to see it like that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Jsexton

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up... not many miles for that to already be happening... on my truck I've been wanting to do the stainless steel hoses for the fuel lines on my dual pumps also...I hope I don't sound too stupid.... iam still new to all this trying to learn as much as I can to do my own work on my truck....but anyways back to my question are you making up you own fuel lines are you having pre made lines...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I imagine this might be the same stuff thats piled in with all those go fast race pumps too....

5 oh

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with the same Parker push lock hose on my fuel system after a year and a half it started to dry rot bad anywhere it was exposed to heat so I replaced all of it and insulated the best I could.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Two years ago when I had the top end apart for rockers the lines were fine. According to the specs it should have no issues. These were feed lines not returns and I know for a fact my fuel never got over 150 degrees.
46B08EF1-5849-42E0-A685-B02FF27D3AAF_zpszugbvhpa.png

Strokersace

Reaction score
I had Gates hoses do that even though they were supposedly rated for diesel.

The only Parker hose I'll use is 836. Only comes in blue. It has the highest temp and pressure ratings of any.

Even though the fuel inside may not be more than the max temp, the ambient temperature of the engine bay and components the hoses pass by is likely greater. That was my justification. In the 6 to 7 years I ran them I never experienced Ford hat you have.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
It was only the hose with diesel flowing through it that did this. I used this hose for the water cooling of my turbos as well as the turbo drains and neither showed this kind of degradation.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a mixed up hose from your parker store.

Cuz if you could put coolant through it and it's fine but the diesel made it crack, I don't think you got a diesel rated hose. Especially if it only took 2 years for it to happen.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
I have gotten hose that was labeled wrong from the factory, that's what I was saying.

Supposed to be ___ but was in fact ___.