Tuning with high output hoop

Nick7.3

Reaction score
anybody have any tuners they recommend? I have a couple tunes from ******** and it does not run right. I'm using the diesel site high output pump paired with 225/100s and an s366. The tune I have now will idle at 14 duty cycle and 1500 icp. If i blip the throttle it'll go to 24 duty cycle and 850icp and start loping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scparrish

Reaction score
I have had good luck with gear head, wildman, and TSD. I run the same hpop and 225/75 injectors with various turbos all with good results.

Nick7.3

Reaction score
This is with the RCD thumper 2 but Chris at TSD had to do some tricks to get the ranger to run right with it. He would be my first call.

What was it doing? Some of the threads I see on the thumper 2 I'm having similar issues.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
What was it doing? Some of the threads I see on the thumper 2 I'm having similar issues.

it was all top end problems from having to much oil.

Just installed one on a customers truck with 190s and it didnt require any adjustments on this truck with Chris's tunes.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Another vote for TSD tuning.

Have you tried driving it yet? What does it do? Do you think maybe it is an IPR issue?

Nick7.3

Reaction score
Another vote for TSD tuning.

Have you tried driving it yet? What does it do? Do you think maybe it is an IPR issue?

I have an ipr I can swap out and yes. It don't drive very well. I'll hold the pedal steady and in the same position and after 2k it kind of seems like the transmission is slipping but it's not.

I just got done with this truck and haven't had it on long enough to get the air out of the system because I'm afraid to keep my truck running like crap... don't know if that's my issue too..

http://youtu.be/RQAWeQ0ogtQ

Nick7.3

Reaction score
I guess I'll swap out the ipr and do a contribution. The stc fitting all the o rings with the injectors and dummy plugs and stand pipes and hpop are brand new so I wouldn't think a hpo leak?

Nick7.3

Reaction score
Well I pulled out the ipr and the screen was sucked in. Changed out the ipr an now it runs better. It is a dog tho it smokes so much. Egts cruising are about 1100. Full throttle on reduced fuel it only makes 2300icp and 84 Dc

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Well I pulled out the ipr and the screen was sucked in. Changed out the ipr an now it runs better. It is a dog tho it smokes so much. Egts cruising are about 1100. Full throttle on reduced fuel it only makes 2300icp and 84 Dc

Well I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news... but I can tell you from experience that when the IPR screen is blown out like that, it is usually caused from a HPOP going bad and sending metal through the HPOP system. All that metal would usually get caught "in the screen" until the screen gets too full and rips, then it sends metal through the HPOP system. That will often take out the IPR and sometimes the Injectors.

Nick7.3

Reaction score
3c1ad8c859754890aaeaa8b0fc07f636.jpg

KCTurbos

Reaction score
3c1ad8c859754890aaeaa8b0fc07f636.jpg

Is that what it looked like when you pulled it out? There is not much metal, my comment could be way off base.

I am curious on what your back story is...
did you just buy the truck?
did you just install the HPOP?
how longs has it ran like this?
Did it slowly start to run like crap or happen all of a sudden.

Explain the back story more and we might be able to help more.

Nick7.3

Reaction score
Is that what it looked like when you pulled it out? There is not much metal, my comment could be way off base.

I am curious on what your back story is...

did you just buy the truck?

did you just install the HPOP?

how longs has it ran like this?

Did it slowly start to run like crap or happen all of a sudden.

Explain the back story more and we might be able to help more.

Lol ran maybe a total of 10 minutes.. truck has been down for a few months studding it, rcd cam and valve train.. ran good then the truck went from and idle to an aggressive lope

Nick7.3

Reaction score
Runs way better but it's a smoky terd... almost contemplating switching to your stage 3

04stroker

Reaction score
Looks like you have several possible issues. Just some quick advice though I would not rely on any readings from that livewire TS. I have had several that do not read parameters correctly, SCT just said it was a problem with the truck but any other scanner would read the parameters correctly. So I do not trust the livewire TS especially when trying to diagnose a issue.

Nick7.3

Reaction score
Looks like you have several possible issues. Just some quick advice though I would not rely on any readings from that livewire TS. I have had several that do not read parameters correctly, SCT just said it was a problem with the truck but any other scanner would read the parameters correctly. So I do not trust the livewire TS especially when trying to diagnose a issue.

I agree with you. I will be using a snap on solus in a couple days after my sct gets fixed. Got a revision tune and my device took a crap