Passenger side exhaust manifold leak

08Monster

Reaction score
Hey guys can the manifold on the passenger side be removed fairly easy with the cab on? Any tips or tricks on how to do it?

Thanks in advance
No. The passenger manifold is a PITA, it takes HOURS to do. If you don't have the trans out, I really don't see how you could get the manifold in and out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
You can do it without removing anything else, but yes, it is a PITA.

As for tips, I can't recall that well. It's one of those jobs you like to forget.

On edit. I think I remember taking the belt loose and maybe moving the A/C compressor around some.

Petro

Reaction score
Its not that terrible, I've installed several sets of 6.0 manifolds cab on. Its not nearly as bad as youd think, tke your time and be patient.

pdumont01

Reaction score
Hey guys can the manifold on the passenger side be removed fairly easy with the cab on? Any tips or tricks on how to do it?

Thanks in advance
I saw guy at work take the spring tower out and get it out that way, grade 8 bolts to put it back on, i didnt think it was a good idea but the truck was always loaded and plowed with never saw anything bad come of it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

pdumont01

Reaction score
Its not that terrible, I've installed several sets of 6.0 manifolds cab on. Its not nearly as bad as youd think, tke your time and be patient.
6.0s are a piece of cake, not so much on the 6.4s

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jonnydime

Reaction score

Thanks in advance
I have done it and it's not that bad. Just pull the battery tray out and passenger up pipe out and go thru the fender for some of the bolts and it will come out.

HossDieselWorks

Reaction score
It's not horrible, yes it's a PITA to do with the 6.4's. I have done them cab on and cab off. Battery tray out, air filter out, inner fender well out. I have also removed the 4 bolts holding the ac compressor in just for a little more wiggle room. Take your time and look and everything before you begin.

Latest posts

Members online