Fuel additives for the 6.7?

Brian22

Reaction score
I've been running 2stroke oil through the fuel every other tank. I've talked to a few guys including my boss who drives a 2016 Cummins Ram. They all say I'm wasting my time and newer engines are designed to run on ulsd without any issues in the long run.

I put in roughly 16oz of walmart outboard for every 20gallons pumped. I know it isn't going to hurt the engine or injectors, quite the opposite in fact.

I'm just curious to see what everyone else is running through their tanks.

jwalk09

Reaction score
I put stanadyne in mine. Idk about running 2 stroke oil in these newer ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneck1

Reaction score
I've been running Schaeffer soy shield. Have also ran full torque by le. Both are awesome products. Those are the only two I've tried. Used to run 2 stroke in my 7.3, but I think there's better, purpose built products for fuel treatment.

sisupower

Reaction score
Rev-x it's awesome stuff. Will break down stiction and better your engine. Helps sticky injectors and all

sisupower

Reaction score
They sell it for fuel and crank case additive. Kinda expensive but it has results. Over a period of time.

cappa

Reaction score
Rev-x it's awesome stuff. Will break down stiction and better your engine. Helps sticky injectors and all

I thought the stiction issue was to do with heui injection systems on the oil side? Do these trucks have issues with sticky injectors?

sisupower

Reaction score
The older ones do. Not so much the 6.7. But it helps all around tho

JRLott

Reaction score
I run Full Torque. Ran a bit of Archoil. Haven't tried anything else

Daddy454

Reaction score
Ok,I may be way off base here with this,but what about Marvel Mystery oil?A buddy gave me a big bottle a while ago,and this thread got me wondering.I currently run Stanadyne in mine,just curious of your thoughts.I have a 2011.

Brian22

Reaction score
Full Torque and Stanadyne look really good. But damn it is hard to argue with the price and amount of gallons treated with Power Service.

I'll have to give them all a decent test run and see what happens.

Tim1216

Reaction score
i use archoil ar6200 and opti-lube xpd in winter and summer plus in summer. Works great for me! I also use 16oz archoil ar9100 in the oil

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
full torque hands down is best in the 6.7.. I gain 1.5-2 mpg over anything I have tried.. always used power service in my 7.3s. tried it along with howes and the full torque is better all around.. less smoke, better response, smother sounding injectors and mpg gain...

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online