Hi Everybody

Rewoper

Reaction score
Hi folks, new guy here. I'm not an owner at present but my plan is to buy a Ford F150 in the coming months. I have around $5000 saved and I am hoping to find myself something in nice condition no older than 8 years. I've been doing the rounds on the classified ads websites and found some nice examples for sale around the country so I am confident I will find something in my price range. I guess there are whole bunch of F 150 owners on here so please feel free to weigh in and give me your thoughts or any pointers you may have. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks for having me in the forum. I'm looking forward to the chat.

Brian22

Reaction score
I had a 2013 F150 (Traded it for the 16 F250).

I will suggest you try to avoid the 5.4 engine if you can help it. The 5.4's have a 2 piece spark plug design that will break pretty easily. Once broken they can be a nightmare to get out of the block.

Look for a 2009+ with a 5.0 if you can. My 13 had the 5.0 and I never had one single problem from the truck.

Also check out www.F150forum.com there is a bunch of very good information over there in the various forums.

Rewoper

Reaction score
Hi folks, new guy here. I'm not an owner at present but my plan is to find a Ford F 150 for sale in the coming months. I have around $5000 saved and I am hoping to find myself something in nice condition no older than 8 years. I've been doing the rounds on the classified ads websites and found some nice examples for sale around the country so I am confident I will find something in my price range. I guess there are whole bunch of F 150 owners on here so please feel free to weigh in and give me your thoughts or any pointers you may have. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks for having me in the forum. I'm looking forward to the chat.

I had a 2013 F150 (Traded it for the 16 F250).

I will suggest you try to avoid the 5.4 engine if you can help it. The 5.4's have a 2 piece spark plug design that will break pretty easily. Once broken they can be a nightmare to get out of the block.

Look for a 2009+ with a 5.0 if you can. My 13 had the 5.0 and I never had one single problem from the truck.

Also check out www.F150forum.com there is a bunch of very good information over there in the various forums.

Thanks for the pointers Brian. Very helpful. I'll head over to the forum you suggested.

1ATony

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, it's great to have you here
Tony :rockon:

Latest posts

Members online