Component front doors and coaxial rear ?

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
Looking to start piecing together a system for the truck 2016 f250 CC. Will be sound deadening doors and back wall nothing crazy.

Plan is to run one sundown sa12 with a custom built box in back with seats moved forward 2".

Now need door speakers definitely want components for the front but don't want to spend more than 150-175 for them. Any suggestions?

In rear doors thinking about doing coaxial maybe some infinity kappas 682.11cf or some alpine type R's .

Open to suggestions . If to go components in rear door or not.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
If I ever get time off from this nightshift, I will get you an impression on the Alpine rs. Picked up a set, as well as an amp for the 6x8s, just need to make time to mount them.
I already have a 12" "r" mounted in a box, pushing it with a decent sized amp. Pretty happy with that part!

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
That would be sweet. I just picked up a ppi p900.4 for the doors today. Brand new for 100. Hopefully it gets me by for a bit .

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
Ended up finding some NIB JL C5-570x speakers for 150 . Going to throw those in rear doors. Now thinking of saving up for some nice focal flax for the front. Where the car audio guys? Should I get the f3 versions with additional speaker or just 165f or 165fx with one speaker and tweeter?

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
This whole time I thought rear speakers were in doors . When they are actually on a pillars behind seat. Man that is a crappy design. Has anyone mounted them elsewhere ?

Zmann

Reaction score
This whole time I thought rear speakers were in doors . When they are actually on a pillars behind seat. Man that is a crappy design. Has anyone mounted them elsewhere ?

I have seen a few put them in the OEM rear door panels with minimal effort

and then i have seen some crazy rear door panels built

but try the pillar IMO you may not even mind

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
Yes I'm going to throw them in there and then fork up the money for some nice focals upfront . Then remove rear storage under seat mount amps .

Zmann

Reaction score
you mentioned moving your seat forward do you know how your gong to accomplish that yet

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
I ended up the spacers off a forum member here .

Zmann

Reaction score
ahh the Underground phenolic resin or ABS or whatever those flat / black are spacers are made of ?

I thought about buying them from Tony funny I swore I would never move my seat but now
i have decided i want the Amps off the floor and behind the seat on the sub box

so I will probably make my own

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
Yea they are made of some hard plastic .

Latest posts

Members online