Injector pulse ? Inconsistant fuel pressure..

Gmoney69

Reaction score
Hey guys , i seem to be having a problem with some of my mcc tunes I bought. The fuel pressure is very erratic. I didn't get a chance to check my canned tunes IPw but my mcc tunes are at 1450-1500 pulse width. Could this be making my fuel pressure inconsistent ? I'm on stock fuel , Chsnge my filters every oil Chsnge about 4k miles ( I know ). Lol. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Yes I tried to contact them too , no luck yet. Hopefully she doesn't go boom. :bowfast:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Hey guys , i seem to be having a problem with some of my mcc tunes I bought. The fuel pressure is very erratic. I didn't get a chance to check my canned tunes IPw but my mcc tunes are at 1450-1500 pulse width. Could this be making my fuel pressure inconsistent ? I'm on stock fuel , Chsnge my filters every oil Chsnge about 4k miles ( I know ). Lol. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Yes I tried to contact them too , no luck yet. Hopefully she doesn't go boom. :bowfast:

I see you got a Torq 2.2 in your sig could that some way some how be messing with your PW readings?

Gmoney69

Reaction score
That's what gearhead keept saying to me too. With my canned tunes I can have it on full blast. The mcc tunes I can't have it on at all nor would I want to with my fp all over the place. Lol

Gmoney69

Reaction score
My rail pressure , fluctuating like crazy with mcc tunes only. Canned tunes it's fine. Even with my torq 2 on all the way. My IPw is almost 1500 on the mcc files and I'm stRting to wonder if that's why my rail pressure is inconsistant ?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
That's what gearhead keept saying to me too. With my canned tunes I can have it on full blast. The mcc tunes I can't have it on at all nor would I want to with my fp all over the place. Lol

I'm guessing you talking about rail pressure?

EDIT I typed way too slow LOL.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

My rail pressure , fluctuating like crazy with mcc tunes only. Canned tunes it's fine. Even with my torq 2 on all the way. My IPw is almost 1500 on the mcc files and I'm stRting to wonder if that's why my rail pressure is inconsistant ?

I got a buddy with GH on his 12 6.7 it been running fine no rail pressure problems.

Gmoney69

Reaction score
Yeah , I seem to be the only person with problems w their tunes. Go figure. I checked everything. It runs good with the canned files though.

dseitler

Reaction score
The most you can run with stock fuel on a 13 is 1340pw. Anything more than that you will drain your fuel rail. There are threads in this forum all about this some are mine most are from others. Dual Fuel is best, modified pumps or VCV are other choices. The info is here you need to read.

Gmoney69

Reaction score
My bad. Iv been typing
In google IPw all night and couldn't find a thing . So I guess the duration is too long like I thought?

Gmoney69

Reaction score
And also , the rail pressure doesn't just drop off entirely , it goes back up, then drops off again , wish I had a picture of it , I'll take one tommorow. With the canned tunes it's one steady line. With These it's going up and down. My screen looks like this WwWwW. lol.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
anything over 1330 is too much. with the torque 2 , the rail pressure reading is skewed, it will read somewhere around 27-28000 but maintain, but at 1440 is hit and miss.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I told you to bump it down a level and let me know what happens... I haven't heard back yet. And also don't just turn the torque 2 off, remove it as it may interfere with the valve drivers.

Gmoney69

Reaction score
Does it on every setting. I was only asked if it was better in any other setting. And I said no. Last time I heard from anyone they left a message saying to call back at 730 and no one was there .

Gmoney69

Reaction score
Ok so update,, took the torq 2 completely out. Put the h&s tunes back in drive for 10 minutes , drove good. reloaded the mcc tunes. Still having the same issue. Seems like it really happends a lot when I'm 1/2-3/4 throttle. Tightened all my fuel fittings under the hood, on the rail down below made sure cover was tight. Still the same . I noticed the IPW is exactly 1433 on the performance setting on the mcc tunes. On street it's a lot less like 13xx. Seems to not fluctuate as much on street or tow compared to hot but still does it a lot. Matt I'll email you this also , maybe we can figure this truck out. Thanks for the input guys.

dseitler

Reaction score
As several of us have tried to tell you and this is my last try there is nothing wrong with your truck or Matt's Tune. We told you anything over 1330 you are not going to maintain rail pressure. You are commanding more fuel than the CP4 can produce and the rail will fluctuate. The H&S Tune does not ask for that much fuel so you will maintain rail. Most guys don't even look at it that. They just care how the truck runs with tune they have selected. My truck did the same thing bounced between 26K and 29,500 until I installed the dual fuel pumps. If you are running Matt's tune there is none better and thousands are running the same tune you are. Enjoy. With the gear ratio and stock tires of a Dually it's a blast to drive.

Gmoney69

Reaction score
I never bashed his tunes. I love it. Especially the trans tune. It's flawless. I give credit when it's due. Was just trying to get some answers as to why my fuel was inconsistant. I fixed that problem removing the torq 2 as per Matts instructions. Even with it turned off it messed with it. Now just the rail is draining slowly which I guess is normal. Iv never heard one bad thing about them and that's why I went with their tune , so I knew something was making it run a bit off.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I never bashed his tunes. I love it. Especially the trans tune. It's flawless. I give credit when it's due. Was just trying to get some answers as to why my fuel was inconsistant. I fixed that problem removing the torq 2 as per Matts instructions. Even with it turned off it messed with it. Now just the rail is draining slowly which I guess is normal. Iv never heard one bad thing about them and that's why I went with their tune , so I knew something was making it run a bit off.

Yup I knew the T2 was messing with it. Yup the rail is going to drain because its a CP4 and its kinda weak LOL. Time for a dual fueler.

Latest posts

Members online