homemade gen 3 setup

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Ive been researching this for a while. There is some info out there but only bits and pieces. I know there has to be a few people on here that have made their own setup. I already have the halidex pump and im looking for the t444 pump mount. My main question is with the drive gear. What do you use for that?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Pictures would be great. I work at a welding and machine shop so building and modifying parts wont be a problem. Thanks

Magnum PD

Reaction score
You have to get the gear that was on the DT444e power steering pump and machine the gear to fit the Haldex pump.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
I might have misread but I thought I saw something about having to change something with the pump so it had the correct rotation?

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Just thinkin out loud here. Any reason why you couldn't just use the power steering pump itself off the t444e that already bolts to the resivoir

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I used hydraulic hoses, if you can find the steel lines that fit the length you need.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Now for the extra oil feed line for the reservoir did you just run it off the plug on the side of the block for the mains like the swamps kit?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I sold it to get Hypermax rods. And he hasn't ran it yet. So I can't say.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Where did you get your t444e pump housing and gear. I am thinkin about making a homemade gen 3 and I'm having a hard time finding the housing. I have the pump already just need the other components

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Well my buddy just so happened to have a t444e engine laying around. I bought the resivoir and gear from him for 100 bucks.

On a google search I did find a place selling the reservoir for 125 and the gear and powersteering pump for 50

Latest posts

Members online