Votes: 2 7.1%
  • RCD 585

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Powerstroke junkie

Reaction score
I have innovative xtream race for my truck. I like how it pulls up top like 45 and faster but the low end seems like it's lacking. I'm thinking about a new but but I don't know which one I want to try next. I know people have asked this before but no one seems to have tried more then one tune it just goes like I run innovative or I run Gearhead, no one really compares tunes so I want to know what people think of each tune. I'm thinking of Gearhead three tune package (tow, hot street, race), KEM 345 or RCD 585. I loved gear heads srl on my 6.0 awesome tuning, smoke at free rev and would smoke some when you wanted it to I want that exact tune for my new truck but from what I read it's not the same. I like the puff of smoke on free rev of KEM and RCD. And I like some smoke when I get on it, my intentions are not smoking out cars or streets or getting us diesel lovers in any more trouble with the EPA but I do like when no ones around I can make it smoke a little. Any other tuning suggestions are welcome. I'm going to be daily driving this tune but I like the race lockup style shifting but a more street tune is welcome I just like it to pull hard and not have to put my foot in the floor to do it. Thank you guys in advance for any replys

johnp115

Reaction score
Gearhead race tune
Gearhead T-Reg trans file (1-4 normal shifting, then 4th locks halfway through and 5th stays locked) supposedly at WOT it locks starting at 2nd gear but hard for me to pay attention at that point to confirm that.
and this is coming from my experience (with the MINIMAX) so idk how the trans file plays over onto the sct platform.

As for the lacking on bottom honestly you may want to look at the intake... Proper Intakes on these trucks are crucial....look into the No limit intake..... could solve some of your concerns

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
I have innovative xtream race for my truck. I like how it pulls up top like 45 and faster but the low end seems like it's lacking. I'm thinking about a new but but I don't know which one I want to try next. I know people have asked this before but no one seems to have tried more then one tune it just goes like I run innovative or I run Gearhead, no one really compares tunes so I want to know what people think of each tune. I'm thinking of Gearhead three tune package (tow, hot street, race), KEM 345 or RCD 585. I loved gear heads srl on my 6.0 awesome tuning, smoke at free rev and would smoke some when you wanted it to I want that exact tune for my new truck but from what I read it's not the same. I like the puff of smoke on free rev of KEM and RCD. And I like some smoke when I get on it, my intentions are not smoking out cars or streets or getting us diesel lovers in any more trouble with the EPA but I do like when no ones around I can make it smoke a little. Any other tuning suggestions are welcome. I'm going to be daily driving this tune but I like the race lockup style shifting but a more street tune is welcome I just like it to pull hard and not have to put my foot in the floor to do it. Thank you guys in advance for any replys

if your intentions are not smoking out cars or anyone then gearhead is what you want...

Powerstroke junkie

Reaction score
How safe is the race tune since I'm unstudded, I don't drive it hard everyday, I haven't even done a wot run yet lol I heard you need studs but I ran the studded tunes for my 6.0 and never had problems with it.

RSK

Reaction score
How safe is the race tune since I'm unstudded, I don't drive it hard everyday, I haven't even done a wot run yet lol I heard you need studs but I ran the studded tunes for my 6.0 and never had problems with it.

well 6.4 have better gaskets then 6.0's but the tunes are also much bigger and more aggressive, you might be able to run it for a while with no issues. personally I just run the gear head hot street, and it was fun when i was on nitto 420's now on 35" toyo mt's its a turd and i don't even bother beating on the truck. I made 3 passes at the track in the gear heads race tune, and drove around in it for a few weeks, and personally i don't like the shifting. I liked the hot street better, so that what i stay in for towing and everything....i just like to set it and forget it.

Powerstroke junkie

Reaction score
Can't be much worse than the xtreame race I'm running now, and when I get time I'm planning on having this thing apart for studs and trans any way, I just hate forced mods you know what I mean haha

RSK

Reaction score
Can't be much worse than the xtreame race I'm running now, and when I get time I'm planning on having this thing apart for studs and trans any way, I just hate forced mods you know what I mean haha

its not worse then xtreme race. It's probably a little safer tuning. I hate forced mods too, but then i start reading on here and force myself to but more stuff for my truck because it will cost more if a piston cracks and the truck is broken then if it runs fine and is taken apart..

johnp115

Reaction score

Randal on here (BF blue oval boys) is on gearhead race with 35+ track runs... you're fine to run it on race.The gaskets are all in your right foot for the most part. Mines studded and yada yada but it stays on the race file daily, and only bump it down to street/tow when something heavy is behind the truck. The shifting is through the trans file, like i said idk how that works with
sct (someone should chime in and verify) but i don't see how someone could have issues with matts trans tuning. Its awesome.

Powerstroke junkie

Reaction score
its not worse then xtreme race. It's probably a little safer tuning. I hate forced mods too, but then i start reading on here and force myself to but more stuff for my truck because it will cost more if a piston cracks and the truck is broken then if it runs fine and is taken apart..
Very true how easy is it to crack a piston though? I head these engines can hole like 800 horse on stock bottom end is that true? Eric (innovative) says that extream race doesn't need studs and Matt says race does is why I was wondering. I think I will give his tunes a try.

Powerstroke junkie

Reaction score
Randal on here (BF blue oval boys) is on gearhead race with 35+ track runs... you're fine to run it on race.The gaskets are all in your right foot for the most part. Mines studded and yada yada but it stays on the race file daily, and only bump it down to street/tow when something heavy is behind the truck. The shifting is through the trans file, like i said idk how that works with
sct (someone should chime in and verify) but i don't see how someone could have issues with matts trans tuning. Its awesome.
That's really impressive actually I'm surprised the gaskets can take abuse like that. What does the race file dyno at I heard over 600? But the site says 550.

johnp115

Reaction score
Very true how easy is it to crack a piston though? I head these engines can hole like 800 horse on stock bottom end is that true? Eric (innovative) says that extream race doesn't need studs and Matt says race does is why I was wondering. I think I will give his tunes a try.

piston is a crap shoot no real answer to that

RSK

Reaction score
Is a mini maxx worth the money considering I already have an sct?

i'd say no and i have a sct right now myself with no gauges...i don't think it would be worth the 1000 or so but maybe you have more money then i do, and maybe it is worth it to you, but to me being able to shift tunes on the fly, and have those guages isn't worth the money, i do think some sort of guages should be there for towing, but you can get some gauges for around 500...

johnp115

Reaction score
i'd say no and i have a sct right now myself with no gauges...i don't think it would be worth the 1000 or so but maybe you have more money then i do, and maybe it is worth it to you, but to me being able to shift tunes on the fly, and have those guages isn't worth the money, i do think some sort of guages should be there for towing, but you can get some gauges for around 500...

3 gauges for 500 that you can't change compared to the x amount of gauges on the mini.

I didn't realize how nice it is till i had one. Used to only know the SCT

RSK

Reaction score
3 gauges for 500 that you can't change compared to the x amount of gauges on the mini.

I didn't realize how nice it is till i had one. Used to only know the SCT

pretty sure on a dash daq you get more then 3 gauges, and pretty sure on a edge cts you get more then 3 gauges. one is about 400- the other is 500-550.

Latest posts

Members online