fuel pump fuse keeps blowing

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Ok so I about have all of my problems with this truck figured out.But now I keep blowing the maxi fuse under the hood for the fuel pump.The heater bowl has been unplugged since I installed the nee fuel pump a few weeks ago.I also did the fuel tank mods&now the fuse blows everytime.I recently had some issues with the ebps(yesterday) ran a quality scan tool on it no fuel codes.
It is pretty low on fuel I wonder if that could be it?The fuel reset hasnt tripped if that means anyting.Any help would be appreciated thanks.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
I disconnected the wires from the pump&cycled the key & it.didnt blow so that elimanates a short..wondering could low fuel.be the issue

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Ive put in a brand new pump fresh out of the box yesterda6 & it blew surely 3 pumps wernet all bad.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
So far from the box to the pump I havent found anything.Im gonna roll it in the shop & try to blow the lines out & of that dont work go back to checking the wiring.

bruce

Reaction score
Is the rubber groment between the pump body and the clamps to hold it down? I think i've heard that can lead to problems.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
It's probley the fuel bowl heater rusted out. Replace the heater element from Dorman or Ford only. We're located in Vancouver wa. NW POWERSTROKE. Look us up..

Arisley

Reaction score
If it is the fuel bowl heater, just delete it. And a fuel bowl heater fuse turns off the IDM not the fuel pump.

Fuel bowl heater is totally unnecessary. Mine has been gone for 150K. My fuel bowl has been gone for 20K.

Arisley

Reaction score
Pull the new pump out. Hook it directly to battery power with a pair of jumper cables. That will for sure eliminate the fuel pump.

Did you just visually check the wiring, or did you ohm it out?

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
I'd leave the wiring hooked up. Just me tho. Would check with hooked up and pull power wire from the pump and check that. Check how much in line pressure the pump is putting out.

Is the fuse blowing right away when ignition is hit.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
The fuse only blows when you start driving.I just got done messing with it heres a few things Ive noticed not sure if any of this matters but I have the hose on the back of the fuel bowl but when I open the drain valve the fuel shoots out very hard if thats normal idk.Also the element in thr bottom of the fuel bowl was bent up I couldnt get it to lay flat so I snipped it off right before the black wire?That it connects to.Now it will not start@all Idk if its related to that or not.I only visually inspected the wiring Im going to try to get a volt reader.Unfortuantley Im FAR from town so Im pretty much left to fixing this.myself

Latest posts

Members online