7.3+75psi+400cc=broke rods?

blcsmok

Reaction score
compound turbos, 400cc injectors and some hot tunes now i have a nice hole through my block who woulda thought? lol i knew it would happen just a matter of time and foot,
I started piecing together the parts I'm going to need already have a new block, girdle, carrilos are on the way, plan on doing a half fill, just need some advice on what pistons? anything else i should do to the bottom end while I'm there? i drive the truck daily a/c blasting:toast:,
want it as strong as possible i have all the stuff to make the power just need to hold it together

Last edited:

loboost

Reaction score
Interesting first post...who are you? Lol

I'd do studs everywhere else possible while I was that deep into it.
sent while driving recklessly

blcsmok

Reaction score
Interesting first post...who are you? Lol

I'd do studs everywhere else possible while I was that deep into it.
Have h11 head studs and arp mains , is it worth fire ringing ? I heard that stock with studs will do but no telling if the fire rings are not done right it will be weaker then stock

blcsmok

Reaction score
It has a cam in it right now pretty sure it's a colt stage two , was thinking about selling it and going with a bigger one , kinda would give me reason to fly cut the pistons which would help lower the compression

bruce

Reaction score
prolly just get some coated mahles with valve relief cut in them. good beehive valve springs plus all the stuff you mentioned. you could get the rotatin assembly balanced and blue printed also

loboost

Reaction score
Have h11 head studs and arp mains , is it worth fire ringing ? I heard that stock with studs will do but no telling if the fire rings are not done right it will be weaker then stock

If I fire ringed...personally I'd do the block...that way when/if you crack a head, just replace with a new...rather than having to have the new head ringed as well

blcsmok

Reaction score
prolly just get some coated mahles with valve relief cut in them. good beehive valve springs plus all the stuff you mentioned. you could get the rotatin assembly balanced and blue printed also

I have some Irates and smith bros in the old motor , Balanced for sure ! Thinking 30 over just to be sure the machine shop can straighten everything out , who machines the mahles?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Ditto on the No Limit call... They have some great products and these beautys...

7.3-piston.jpg

Binder man

Reaction score
Id go with a good cam. If yours is the one I'm thinking of its old technology. Id definately do ported heads, definately get it all balanced. And do a partial fill, the heat is all at the top anyway.

blcsmok

Reaction score
Id go with a good cam. If yours is the one I'm thinking of its old technology. Id definately do ported heads, definately get it all balanced. And do a partial fill, the heat is all at the top anyway.

Not sure I got it about a year ago no cam card :( at the least I was going to port myself , get them flow benched , might break down for a Cnc port ;) partial fill ftw!

Short Bus

Reaction score
compound turbos, 400cc injectors and some hot tunes now i have a nice hole through my block who woulda thought? lol i knew it would happen just a matter of time and foot,
I started piecing together the parts I'm going to need already have a new block, girdle, carrilos are on the way, plan on doing a half fill, just need some advice on what pistons? anything else i should do to the bottom end while I'm there? i drive the truck daily a/c blasting:toast:,
want it as strong as possible i have all the stuff to make the power just need to hold it together

Hotrodtractor built mine. Would recommend him over anyone here.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.