Drive pressure gauge

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Probably going to be spraying my truck this summer so I figured to be safe I should probably put a drive pressure gauge on it.

Anyone just run a T off of the factory ebp tube? How did you do it?

sootie

Reaction score
i would drill and tap another port in the manifold and run a mechanical boost gauge.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I could do that, but why not use what's already there? Not to mention it's cooler by the time you get up to the ebp sensor and I could use less copper tubing.

sootie

Reaction score
i dont know about 6.0's but 6.4's are extremely finicky with the epb reading and causing a check engine light. i would be worried about affecting the stock sensor reading but i may be over thinking it.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Well with your current setup I would say your not using the EBP sensor so I would just take it out and put your drive pressure gauge in place of it instead of doing a "T".

I think the pcm uses the ebp for more than just VGT related calculations.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
LOL LOL I have never had a EGR plugged in but I did ditch the EBP sensor on one truck no difference at all in the way it ran used that for EBP sensor.

I'm sure he's just covering his ass because of multiple strategies and differences through the years.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I run an electronic back pressure gauge. You don't want a mechanical gauge because it will soot up and stick.

Lol... I have a mechanical gauge and I have to clean it out about every 6 months. I am sure it's is going to fail eventually because of all the soot.

I just tapped another spot in my exhaust manifold next to my pyro

JDub

Reaction score
I've been running one in my Duramax for almost two years now and never a problem. I drilled and tapped another hole in my manifold, and ran some coiled tubing to an Universal 0-100 Edge EAS sensor. Watch drive pressure on my CTS just like everything else. Sure nice for datalogging...

Latest posts

Members online